Sign in to follow this  
Guest gaurak

more than 4.2gb

Guest gaurak

ok sory, i don't understood because other softwares can burn an .iso file, even if it is bigger than 4.2gb (like copytodvd for example)

Well, the next version might be able to do this (DVD DoubleLayer). However, I think it is understandable, that the max. ISO size is limited to the size of the DVD you burn it on ;)

Guest guest

Well the max size of an iso is usually around 4.5 GB, and only roxio easy dvd creator seems to be able to handle these. It would be nice ifthis software could also do it. I don't know how they do it, but it is possible. I do like the software more than roxio but I'm forced to stray when dealing with larger ISO files, which the majority seem too be, even after authoring out other languages.

Yes, but that's no bug, it is rather a limitation of ISo standard/DVDs.

I think the problem is that the math is wrong. 4.2GB is not the ISO standard. It's 4.7GB, and converted to binary notation is roughly 4.38GB.

4,700,000,000 bytes ÷ 1024 = 4,589,844 KB ÷ 1024 = 4,482.27 MB ÷ 1024 = 4.38 GB

I just wrote a 4.36GB ISO with another program to a single layer DVD with no problem. CDBurnerXP Pro refused to let me write it. This is a definately a bug.