Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mark

older version?

Guest Mark

Hvae CD burnver XP Pro 3. Trying to burn a data CD and get the message: There are no compatible CDR drives reported. Some older CDR drives are not currently supported.

Does this mean that my DVD/CD is too old for this version. Should I uninstall and use an older version?

Guest Ken

I don't think installing an older version of the program is going to help you much. Generally, newer versions of a burning program usually include an updated database of compatible drives. That is, any and all drives manufactured since a burning program's inception would typically be included in the configuration database. Your drive is probably just a little too old, so it's not in the database.

Guest Ken

If you install an older version of the program, it's going to have an even smaller list of compatible drives in its' configuration database. If your drive isn't listed in a newer version, then it more than likely won't be in an older version.

If your budget allows, I would buy a new(er) drive. This program works quite well and surpasses ones you have to pay for in my opinion. :wink2: I will be making a donation as soon as my budget allows.

Guest Mark

Thanks for the quick response. I guess I have to bite the bullet and get a new computer and retire this 4 year old dinsoaur with one of the first DVD players.