[done:3.5] DVD Copy function

Marquita188

The Problem with the is, Most DVD's contain Encryption, and this encryption is for the rights of the owners of the DVD, the Studio. If such a feature to decrypt DVD's this will be going against MPAA's Right to inforce the rights of the Studio.

Plus, There are tons of programs to decrypt dvd's (DVDDecypter - http://www.dvddecrypter.com/download.asp).

Now don't get this post wrong, if you are inplying DATA-DVD Copying, then it could be, But I'm thinking, as I read the post, that you are talking about DVD-MOVIE copying, in which case, there are tons of Tutorials, and Guides out there to help.

Side Note - Most DVD's that movies come on, are DVD-9 or (8.5 GIG) where as a DVD-5 (4.7 GIG) is typically what a consumer to buy, Whichcase it would prolly invite the long writing of Code, to produce a module to decrypt - copy - Split - burn ...

That in my opinion is asking alot.-

DVDSHRINK(free) will decrypt the movie dvd. It will also shrink it down to fit on a reg 4.7 dvd. you would then need a dvd burn program. I have not tried CDBurnerXP to burn the shrink movie tho.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jean

DVDSHRINK(free) will decrypt the movie dvd. It will also shrink it down to fit on a reg 4.7 dvd. you would then need a dvd burn program. I have not tried CDBurnerXP to burn the shrink movie tho.

I have tried and it does not work... the files are properly on the DVD, but the movie does not want to be launch on my computer or on my DVD player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.