Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dekh

Erase not eraseing fully...

Guest Dekh

Hi,

I know there is a similar post to this but it hasn't been answered.

Each DVD+RW written to once, then erased (either quick or full), if you then try to write an iso image to the erased disk I get a disk not empty message every time. Any ideas?

:(

Thanks in advance for your help.

Alternatively do you know of any utiilities that will perform a full erase on a +RW disk so I can see if CDBurnerXP Pro is missing something.

Cheers and seasons greetings. (Yes the CD Writer is a Christmas present and yes the supplied software is rubbish and doesn't have a disk erase...)

Guest Patrice Brousseau

Dekh, the only app that erase my DVD+RW's correctly is DVDInfo Pro. You can find it at www.dvdinfopro.com

CDBurner Xp Pro is unable to erase correctly DVD+RW correctly for me too. Note that I have another application acting the same way (Image for Windows 1.51: if I erase with the built-in erase utility, my backups get corrupted...).

Someone else gave me the advive to try different brand of media but for now, two differnet brands gave me the same results. Erasing them with DVDInfo Pro, I got no more trouble (except that Windows XP says that the DVD+RW aren't formatted: I do not bother because the DVD+RW's are fine in other burning software. Remember, ONLY if I erase them with DVDInfo Pro!).

Guest suicide eddie

same error here on build 3.0.116 on a sony dpw120a2 disk using a lg gsa.4120b

Guest joel_5632

Hello.

I have the same problem with my DVD+RW disk (TDK brand). When i try to burn an iso image, it says that the disk is not empty. Of course i cleared the disk before (full mode)

regards

joel

Dekh, the only app that erase my DVD+RW's correctly is DVDInfo Pro. You can find it at www.dvdinfopro.com

CDBurner Xp Pro is unable to erase correctly DVD+RW correctly for me too. Note that I have another application acting the same way (Image for Windows 1.51: if I erase with the built-in erase utility, my backups get corrupted...).

Someone else gave me the advive to try different brand of media but for now, two differnet brands gave me the same results. Erasing them with DVDInfo Pro, I got no more trouble (except that Windows XP says that the DVD+RW aren't formatted: I do not bother because the DVD+RW's are fine in other burning software. Remember, ONLY if I erase them with DVDInfo Pro!).

Hi Patrice,

I tried to erase my DVD+RW with DVDinfopro as you advised but this didnt solved the problem. cdbxp still report that the disk is not empty when i tried to write an image on it. I am not sure the problem comes from the erase function of cdbxp since i succed to write the image on the same disk with dvd decrypter.

regards

Guest SNAKEBITE

I Use CDBurner Xp Pro and it has always had that error (CDBurner Xp Pro is unable to erase correctly) I use nero or Alchool to erase and there is no problem that way.

CDBurner Xp Pro is a nice progie but it needs to address this. :o

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.