Can't erase CD-RW's on MSI CD-RW MS-8348

Guest Hansalfredche

Guest Hansalfredche

Hi

When I try to erase a CD-RW on my MSI CD-RW MS-8348 (internal, IDE) the drive does as if it would erase (red light indicating that it is writing/erasing is lighting up). At the end of the procedure, the disc is ejected as expected and a success message appears, but when I reintroduce the disc, the data is still there! Using full erase doesn't help, the drive works for about 15 Minutes and then ejects the disc ... with all the data on it. Erasing works with Nero as well as with K3b (under Linux). So the drive is OK. I've allready installed newer ASPI drivers (Adaptec ASPI 4.6.1021). Will try to install ForceASPI. Has anybody an idea what's going wrong?

Windows 98

CDBurnerXP Version 3.0.116

Thanks

Guest Hansalfredche

Everything else seems to work when using CDBurnerXP. Can burn CD's, as long as long as writing speed doesn't exceed 24x (burner would support 48x but lots of errors appear when burning that fast - seems my machine is to old). Here's a nasty thing in CDBurnerXP: there's no way to tell the programm that it shouldn't use something faster than 24x, except by reducing manually the writing speed each time you want to burn something. Would be nice if the programm could remember what settings have been used (same goes for the CD Grabbing tool, it would be really nice if it would remember what it should do instead of reconfigure it every time). Or maybe have I missed something? But well, I'm confident: every version get's better!

Here's a nasty thing in CDBurnerXP: there's no way to tell the programm that it shouldn't use something faster than 24x, except by reducing manually the writing speed each time you want to burn something. Would be nice if the programm could remember what settings have been used (same goes for the CD Grabbing tool, it would be really nice if it would remember what it should do instead of reconfigure it every time). Or maybe have I missed something? But well, I'm confident: every version get's better!

Yep, I agree. I think it is possible to implement that for next version ;)

Guest Thomas

I get the same problem with my Maxell MCD-RW12-1032 Driver.

But I has solved the problem by uninstall the ver.3.0.116 and reinstall an older verion of 2.2.9.

Guest Hansalfredche

Well, seems that I need to use K3b for the CD-RW's then ... but for the CD-R's it's a great piece of software!