"Please insert recordable media and try again?"

I am using a DVD-R 4.7 GB/120 min to record some movies I got from BitTorrent.

When I try to burn the movies onto the disk I get an error that says "No media inserted in the selected device. Please insert a recordable media and try again."

I am confused by this. I have looked up tutorials on how to burn DVDs, and DVD-Rs are included, but mine won't work. Help?

Did you also try using other burning software? If other software works, I suggest to try next version again, could be a drive icompatibility then.

I've tried one other software to burn it.. it asks for the same thing. Any suggestions on what I can use to make it work?

There has to be something that accepts DVD-R's.

Are you sure that your drive supports DVD-R? ;)

Also, you could try different medium types (other vendor) or a firmware update.

I don't know.. When I go to My Computer, it is recognized.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem, i've also tried other burning programs and it didn't help. Acouple of months ago it burned fine, but now when I try it doesn't work.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest patl5ewis@yahoo.com

I TRIED TO BURN A MOVIE INTO MAXWELL DVD+R 4.7 GB120 AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME BURN IT. SAID," NO MEDIA INSERTED IN THE SELECTED DEVICE,PLEASE INSERT A RECORDABLE MEDIA AND TRY AGAIN.

Guest patl5ewis@yahoo.com

WHAT IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE AND HOW DO I GET IT AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN CHECK THE MANUAL ON MY DRIVE AND WHERE IS IT LOCATED.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bastmoon

I am having the same problem with my new cd-rw. I have gone through all of the links that are listed in the help file and I still can not burn. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my driver (from microsoft) and no change. My device is Lite-On CD-RW SOHR-4838S. If you can help me I would really appreciate it.

Bastmoon

• 1 month later...

I am having the same problem with my new cd-rw. I have gone through all of the links that are listed in the help file and I still can not burn. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my driver (from microsoft) and no change. My device is Lite-On CD-RW SOHR-4838S. If you can help me I would really appreciate it.

Bastmoon

bump

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone resolve this issue? I am now having the same problem when I try to burn photos or just plain data files onto a cd-r disk, but I get the same error message.

i think i've found where people are going wrong with this error message asking to insert media devices, i had the same prob, but the thing you have to do is at the top of the cdburner window select a new device the problem with me was that i had the wrong driver selected, obvious i know but it worked for me after i swapped them a few times. Carlos

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

I am having the same problem. Nothing I do seems to work. These are brand new DVD-RW's I'm using and it keeps telling me there is no media inserted in the selected device! Also, I don't even recognize the "selected device" and it won't let me change it.

• 5 months later...

i think i've found where people are going wrong with this error message asking to insert media devices, i had the same prob, but the thing you have to do is at the top of the cdburner window select a new device the problem with me was that i had the wrong driver selected, obvious i know but it worked for me after i swapped them a few times. Carlos

Thank you! I was searching everywhere for the answer to this error and this is all it was.