Sign in to follow this  
mftb

Error - file convertor fails

New user - so please forgive me if it's a stupid question.....once I've compiled a list of WMA music tracks to make a compilation, I press the Burn icon, and get this message :

Error while writing CD: Open the file C:\.......... .wma with audio file convertor failed.

...and after that it doesn't find any data when I press Burn again.

All the music tracks are sitting in "My Music" directory. Most - including the first, were ripped with Windows Media Player, but since that stopped writing CDs when I upgraded to WMP 10, I got CD Burner XP - and am using 3.0.116

Any suggestions - many thanks !

If it helps, I've done a bit more thinking and research on this. Tracks ripped by WMP (at 160kbps) can't be converted by CDBurner - but tracks that I have ripped using CDBurner (at 128kbps, but don't know if this is significant) seem to be OK. However, I don't want to have to re-record the hundreds of tracks I already have ! Does this make any difference ?