Sign in to follow this  
Jacko65

Creating DVD - burning error occurred

Just installed the latest version of CDBurnerXP and trying to create a VIDEO DVD.

I identified the Video_TS folder and I am using an external DVD writer that I have used many times before - with DVD's that I have written to before without problem.

When I click 'Burn disc' I get the following error:-

Burning error occurred

An error occurred when burning the disc. Most likely the disc is not usable. Usually these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality.

Exception from HResul: 0x8004029E

The DVD's I am writing to are Intenso DV+R and I haven't had any problems with quality in the past.

I have tried using the external Liteon writer and the internal writer that's in the laptop (which I have also written DVD's with in the past) - both throw up the same error.

The DVD's are compatible as far as I can understand as they have both written and read DVD's of this type previously. So I can only presume the software is throwing this error?

Please could you advise me what to do?

Hi Flo,

I have gone to the page above - http://cdburnerxp.se/help/kb/18 - and it asks to go to 'File - options' - in the interface that I am seeing, there is no 'File - options' or the little 'cog' icon that is shown on this page - http://cdburnerxp.se/help/Miscellaneous/options

There are no icons in the system tray.

How do I get to 'File - options' as shown on the page?

Guest Est2

I'm continueing this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9766

My error was similar, but the numbers were different:

"Burning error occurred

An error occurred when burning the disc. Most likely the disc is not usable. Usually these errors happen if the inserted media is not compatible to the drive or of poor quality.

Exception from HResul: 0x80040275"

Continuing *

Files on hard drive seem to be OK. DVDs written 2 days ago are also OK (same DVD package, same files).

If problem isn't in the program, then the problem could be in DVD writer, in particular DVDs or somehow in files themselves.

// That's weird. Fourth DVD from the same package didn't give error and data seems to be OK.

#2 // Fifth gave error, sixth (and the last one) didn't give error. Total of 8 DVDs 3 gave errors and 5 didn't.

Second log, if needed: http://www.upload.ee/files/1876487/StarBurn2.log.html

---

Before giving a error, it "prepares for writing" for 4-10 minutes. Normally it seems to "prepare for writing" in 2-3 minutes.

Because I had to do more DVDs, I bought Verbatim DVD+R and -R's. I'll probably use only +R ones.

When I wrote last DVD package (another company), I used 16x speed. Now with 18x speed it started writing after ~1 min (before it took ~4-5 min).

I'll burn 5 DVDs more and then I'll say, if some were faulty.

// Verbatim ones are all OK.

Could it be that you are missing the "VIDEO_TS.IFO" file in that folder?

Where would that file come from?

At this point it's still preparing to write to a blank DVD -why would the video_ts.ifo file be on the DVD?

I am confused.

Apologies for the delay, I have been away on business.

In regard to the last log file:

It's simply 'WRITE ERROR'.

Reasons for this may be different:

1)Bad media or media is bad for current drive.

2)Old firmware of drive.

3)Bad drive

4)Bad cable from drive.

5)Earthquake during the recording icon_smile.gif

But the problem is not in software.