Sign in to follow this  
Guest AsbjornM

[added] Request: Default compilation name (disc-label)

Guest AsbjornM

First thanks for a very cool program!

I want an default compilation name to be created, template based could be cool, but what I want is the following:

Disclabel automatically be set to current date/time, in this format:

YYYYMMDD_HHMM

I think I got this idea from an very old diskburn software cd-creator or something for very many years ago, but I don't se it in new software. So many of my recordet cd's has the label "NEW" or something like that.. me not like that :)

Keep up the good work!

You are right, giving a meaningful volume name is in my opinion the easiest way to catalog CDs. I know of at least one current burning software that does what you suggest: burnatonce. But bao lacks many of the features of cdbxpp, so I am not going back.

I would like to add a further request to yours: I would like cdbxpp to (optionally) display a dialog showing the disc label which will be used and offering to change it. I essentially burn backups, it would be nice to be able to edit it like "back YYYYMMDD_HHMM " or "photos YYYYMMDD_HHMM " on the fly.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.