Sign in to follow this  

will play in portable CD player but not in my car CD player

I have had trouble with every major CD burning software. I can burn a cd that works perfect in a portable 20 dollar 7 year old cd player but when i try to use the same cd in my 250 dollar brand new cd player in my car it doesn't work. However if i try to play a regular CD bought in a store the car CD player works fine. And also if a friend of mine uses one of my CD-R's and burns the CD, it works fine in my car. If anyone could help me on this puzzle it'd be appreciated.

Thanks

Your CD writer Hardware does not seem to be up to the mark. My experiance is that older CD players can play weak CDs better for example, those with a lot of scratches. My CD writer also doesnt work that well, the data CDs I burn can only be used on PCs with a good CD drive.

I have had trouble with every major CD burning software

Well, you didn't tell us if you also have that problem with CDBurnerXP, but if so, nice to be labelled as "major" software ;)

i call it major because all my friends back at school have it and i've heard a lot of good things about it. Whenever they burn a CD with the CDBurnerXP Pro it works like a charm in my car but when i try it on my computer it completes the burn and everything looks fine but my car will not read the disc. My computer is brand new, and i've matched all their settings, and all that jazz... my CD burner hardware is the best Dell offers and my friends got theirs from the "scratch and dent" section of a no name website.

it just baffles me :o

i call it major because all my friends back at school have it and i've heard a lot of good things about it.

Nice to know :)

Did you already try lower burn-speeds?

I've tried lower burn speeds, and i've also tried to convert the files before i burn them. nothing seems to help but i just bought a brand(er) new car cd player and installed it and it seems to be working fine with any cd.

it wasn't only my cd player having problems, but 2 of my friends have the exact same cd player and they had trouble with cds burned on my computer too. must be a setting somewhere.

no worries though, my new cd player works like a charm. CDburnerXP is the best piece of burning software i've ever tried, and i've tried a lot of 'em. Keep up the good work