Sign in to follow this  
michaele

Contradictory information on number of burnt files

Hello,

I burnt a data DVD and got different information on how many files were burnt, see attached screenshot.

[attachment=0]2010-10-17_220751_CDburner.png[/attachment]

Regards,

Michaele

Sorry, this posting notification was in my junk ...

No, just one session. The files missing I determined was a whole directoty with downloaded music files, mostly from Amazon. But that shouldn't be a reason for not burning them, let alone the directory containing the files which was manually created.

That should not happen, that's whatfor this warning has been created. If you can actually reproduce the problem, can you try using another file system (plain UDF for example) for burning discs?

Thanks for that hint. Reading what UDF stands for I guess you're trying to tell me that name conventions or length might be the problem? I'm absolutely blonde when it comes to all those burning options. Anyway I'll try that (as soon as I find the time) and let you know.

Michaele

Guest lg gp08

Same thing happenes to me, using a "lg portable super multi drive gp08 lite" USB DVD-burner for creating a CD containing mp3 files.

When i check the discs root directory after burning, the last directory (number 2 of 2) is missing from the root directory. All the files seem to be on the disc, since data check seemed okay after burning (and even a mp3 player, which doesn't care about the directory structure, is able to access the 'invisible' files), just the directory structure seems incomplete.

The error/bug occured when using version 4.3.7.2423 and also when using version 4.3.8.2474.

Since the program supplied with the drive burns CDs without that error occuring, i rule out that the drive is defective.

I hope this information helps improving CDburnerXP. :)