Sign in to follow this  
Gilbert

Write Error 3 unknown origin (1005)

Arno posted this in December 2004 and I have exactly the same problem.

is there someone to help me

i can't write video files on cd (he could mean DVD Gilbert)

and i get always that message

"writnig error:(3) error occured writing data disc.

writing error of unknown origin (1005)

error sense data:SENSE KEY:3 ASC: C ASCQ:O"

what that means?

is it a problem with my files or withs keys?

At any speed with the auto speed detect negated and with several different media recording proceeds till between 7 and 12% the DVD drive can be heard to slow down just before the error message comes up. I am a newbie (70+ years old!) and would much appreciate some help from a young expert on this matter. glibert@cox.net

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I should first say that normally burned DVDs show very little different optical appearance from unburnt. Typically with my problem the burn area is very obvious. (toast overdone!) And yes I have had the same trouble with the program ICOPYDVDs2. so I bopught a brand new burner. I will do as you suggest and look into the incompatabilities but CDBurnerXP Pro did recognize my new Sony drive in the appropriate box, although I did not find it on the published list of compatables last night. I was going to add it when I got it to work! # 69 Arno, whose E-Mail is unlisted did not seem to have a reply when he asked the same question about this error. Looks like we are in a minority. I wonder if our CPUs are too slow. This is only a 500MHz machine running XP SP2. Regards Gilbert.

Guest moller

I get excactly the same error. My machine is a HP Pavilion zv5221EA (with a ToshibaSD-R6252) and XP SP2. Furthermore I have an MSI TV@nywhere A/D NB (which is not working) which I am suspecting for causing the error. The driver has allready made Windows crash 3 times.

Guest moller

Just an update: I've just successfully burnt a dvd. After removing a lot of crap from my harddisk I had as much free space as the amount I was going to burn, allso i did an ISO lvl1 in stead of Joliet. That way I seem to have gotten rid of the 1005 error. However, still the drive was unable to verify the data (or read anything from the media).

I've just updated the firmware of the drive and am now able to read the disc. I don't know wheter I have the firmware or the temperature to thank for this though (the media was smoking hot when it was done)