Sign in to follow this  
Guest bulb1usa

cd burner xp pro

Guest bulb1usa

I don't know what I am doing wrong but I have not been able to make a DVD that will play on a stand alone player. The error message says that it can't play this type of DVD.

I used shrink and put the movie on the hard drive and I can play it back from there or from the computer. Does anyone know what I have did wrong?

Did you create movie DVD structure (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS files) with Shrink? If not, I think that you canĀ“t burn it with CD B XP Pro. But, you stil may burn it with NERO as VIDEO DVD. In Shrink you need to chose something like "Create movie DVD file structure" and everything will be OK. I tried it, and it works. Before burning you may create DVD .iso image (in CD B XP Pro) and try to play your movie in comp with virtual DVD unit (for example Daemon tools). Have a nice day.

Buk

Guest silverwolf

i have a standalone dvd recorder and it is multi format but it has a lot of trouble recording onto dvd-r format disks. i now use only dvd+r or dvd+wr. my pc will record and playback any format dvd disk but only the dvd+r disks will work on a standalone player if they have been burned on my pc. the dvd-r will play on the pc but not on my standalone...... so i suggest you only use dvd+r format disks as this format is widely used on most standalone machines......i hope this helps.