Sign in to follow this  
floele

New Major Version: 3.5

We are currently working on the next version, 3.5. As you should know from the news, this one is a complete rewrite (again) of the application for .NET framework. Apart from the rewrite, there are also many other new features.

Please also take part at our survey :)

A few infos:

- 50% smaller installer (5MB)

- disc-to-disc copy

- dual layer support

- fixes most known issues of version 3.0.116

- multilanguage-support (finally)

- XML-based project files (so that you can easily create your own ones)

Download public alpha version

That's great to hear :)

after getting only Nero Express OEM from my DVD Burner box this time around, I'm gonna love CDBurnerXP even more this time around :)

count me in ^^ I'll have to find a different way to donate......does it have to be cash? how about IOUs? :lol:

We are currently working on the next version, 3.5. As you should know from the news, this one is a complete rewrite (again) of the application for .NET framework. Apart from the rewrite, there are also many other new features.

A first alpha version for the donors will be released soon :)

A few infos:

- 50% smaller installer (5MB)

- disc-to-disc copy

- dual layer support

- fixes most known issues of version 3.0.116

- multilanguage-support (finally)

Due to this recent announcement, I have to assume you have a date set.

February or March?

Wait, disk to disk copy? :o

You probably mean audio right?

The MP3/wave ripper wasn't really working for me anyway, so this cuts out the middleman and goes right to the disk! :D

.NET? You're making a giant mistake with this. Why not write it in Java then? I will no longer use this program then and will stop recommending it to others as it was a truely great program. Oh well, there's still burnatonce for free CD burning on Windows without the garbage that is .NET.

Well, currently there is no other way to use PayPal for donation. If you can't donate that way, you can also help us with translation.

Due to this recent announcement, I have to assume you have a date set.

February or March?

NO!

Programmers never set a date, and if they do, they usually can't stick to it :P

Wait, disk to disk copy?

You probably mean audio right?

No, we are talking about data discs.

You can still "copy" audio discs, using the ntegrated ripper. If that one doesn't work for you...well, that's bad ;)

.NET? You're making a giant mistake with this.

No, I don't think so. The current version in .NET looks very good and I also like the move.

Why not write it in Java then?

Well, I guess it is more comfortable to switch from VB to VB.NET than to switch from VB to Java. Also, I don't see a reason to prefer Java and I guess that our libraries are not compatible to Java either.

I will no longer use this program then and will stop recommending it to others as it was a truely great program.

.NET is not going to make CDBXPP bad, but if you think so, feel free stop using it.

Flo, that was another guest not signed in.

I don't even know a thing about .Net, only that it's a computer language, however I do believe it is used for networking, which means file sharing, which means lawsuits! :o

Leave that to the professionals such as Sony.

What were you using before C++?

May I suggest Delphi?

If that sounds stupid, please understand I do not know a thing about computers let alone programming.

Flo, that was another guest not signed in.

I don't even know a thing about .Net, only that it's a computer language, however I do believe it is used for networking, which means file sharing, which means lawsuits! :o

Leave that to the professionals such as Sony.

No, totally wrong :-P

VB.NET is, as you said, a complete programming language and has nothing to do with networking or else.

What were you using before C++?

No, VisualBasic.

May I suggest Delphi?

No!

If that sounds stupid, please understand I do not know a thing about computers let alone programming.

Hehe, if you don't know a thing, why do you suggest to use Delphi then?

Have a look at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VB.NET

May I suggest Delphi?

.net is not equal to specific a coding laguage. So starting with Delphi 8, Delphi is a language to access .net. Like VB or C# or even Cobol :shock:

Regards, Lars

Guest shadow

Why not Assembly? Or or... a whole cd burning operating system! You could get 12 cd burners on RAID 0 put cdrw's in them and install the CDBurnerXP 4.0 kernel ... Or i guess sticking to windows would be more practical:o Why not Assembly? :D o and whats with the +'s C , C++,C+++,C++++... no C- ? :roll:

ok, i've been using CDBXP for a few weeks now, and i gotta say it's a great program and my favorite burning program now. i do have a few questions concerning 3.5 though...

1. will there be any incompatibilities with installation from the current version? (i.e. must uninstall current first, etc)

2. i know exact dates never happen, but is there a ballpark figure for around when it'll be out? maybe a better question is, how far along is it?

basically i'm wondering how much mileage i can get out of the 3.0 version now, and if the move to .Net will significantly alter the current installation.

thanks! keep up the good work.

[quote="Anonymous"

1. will there be any incompatibilities with installation from the current version? (i.e. must uninstall current first, etc)

I am not sure if there are, but in any case I strongly recommend you to uninstall version 3.0.x before installing 3.5.

2. i know exact dates never happen, but is there a ballpark figure for around when it'll be out? maybe a better question is, how far along is it?

Well, I think most is finished. Audio-burning is still incomplete though.

Guest zenel2

by shadow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 6:57 am Post subject:

Why not Assembly?

And why not port it to DOS ? Bye. Bye M$ :D

:D

or you could use python, or mono, for GTK# or a one million other languages, I would have to say though I vomit on java.

I for one think that .NET is a good idea. M$ has put alot of things under .NET as far as idea's go (some with networking...some with programing) and I have noticed that most .NET apps seems to work better with with the system.

Guest CB

yes, you definitely can't complain about moving to .NET. as far as M$ goes, the .NET programming language suite is here to stay, so in the end you end up moving to it or programming in an outdated language and lose compatibility sooner than you'd like.

for those that ask about a different language such as python or GTK or mono, etc., i think what has to be realized is that unless an application is made to be platform independant, or is being ported to windows from another OS, there isn't much point in using something other than .NET.

look at it this way, you play baseball with a baseball bat, and golf with a golf club. you don't attempt to use a golf club to play baseball just because it's the cool hip thing to use.... you use the tool designed for the job at hand.

anyway, sorry for the rant, i wont turn this into an argument. point of this whole post - great job, continue the great work, i understand and agree with the move.

Guest cool400

Hmmm...

I use CDBurnerXP Pro under BartPE/WinPE (http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder), and because of its easyness and smallness it is one of my favorite burning apps...

Though I'm using a german XP I was happy to read about localized versions of CDBXP Pro - but now I read that it should use the .NET-framework :cry:

This is so sad because under BartPE/WinPE the .NET-framework is really big and really slow!

Maybe it is possible (I've seen this for one of the tools under BartPE/WinPE using the .NET-framework) to fiqure out which files/functions from the .NET-framework are absolutely necessary for CDBXP Pro for working - then I can include only these files into this really great app and haven't to install the whole .NET-thing???

So, I prefer a localized version that is not needing .NET!!!

Thanks for your hard work

cool400

So, I prefer a localized version that is not needing .NET!!!

About the file list: I don't know which files are used/needed or whatever, but I can ask Fredrik ;)

Anyway, a localisation without .NET is NOT possible, because the whole translation-thing is based in .NET techniques.

Completely agree with the move to .NET. Continued support into the future on Windows platform is great.

Are you going to expose any classes or libraries so I can use your product in some private applications I'm working on here at home? I sure would like to automate some ripping direct to CD from things like XMP.

Keep up the fantastic work! :D