New Major Version: 3.5

I am not an expert on this, but I think if you have .NET 2.0 installed, you would still need to have .NET 1.1 installed for programs written for 1.1. Both frameworks can be installed side-by-side, but 2.0 is not just a new version 1.1. AFAIK it is a separate framework.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Eric

U're correct mate, both are different frameworks. The 2.0 is incompatible from 1.1.There are so many programs which still use 1.1 :( I hate having 2 .Net frameworks installed alongside. Takes space & never know what conflict may arise where.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

is 3.5 EVER gonna come out?

I just hate it when developers take the liberty of not doing anything for months, almost years at a time, as if there "too busy".

Well, if the developers are too busy, then are they even too busy to make a quick post that even says so? That alteast tells us they are alive and will continue the program eventually? Because let me tell you, I've been busy before, but I can always spare a few seconds to make a forum post. I mean honestly, Stefan has only ONE forum post in the past TWENTY MONTHS! Is he alive???

Go on, argue that its freeware now.... I'll still say this is ridiculous, and the path many freeware software take... unfortunatly

And if your wondering, Fredrik didn't fare much better. FOUR posts in the past TWENTY months. Sigh.......

I love this program, but this is walking the road of so many other programs that ended.....

Actually I agree with you. Although it is probably true that they are very busy, it would be good to hear from them now and then without sending an email before.

Guest gshantz

The reason I was wanting to look at the newer version is because none of the menu items are accessable. There are icons, but all grayed out. I can burn to DVD-RW, but can't read or see all the files. Just some. I looked for quite awhile to find an answer.

Don't be too rough with the developers, they are just discovering that throwing away all your code and starting from scratch is a terrible idea

Don't be too rough with the developers, they are just discovering that throwing away all your code and starting from scratch is a terrible idea

Why would they do that?

Is it because their going for DVD alone, and not music burning?

Sorry for the double post.

This board has gotten very slow.

Rather the server, although it has no reason for that. I didn't have the time to look into it yet. In theory it is fast ;)

Guest Edwin

Hello,

I wonder why there is actually a need for .net in this case.

If i't's simply because of easier GUI programming?

Still would like you to know that i'm currently backup a crashed HD, anything bloathed like .NET *might* crash the stuff even more and therefore i was really happy to download and use a smaller DVD burner for backup purposes.

At least i hope you'll keep older versions online so one can benefit in such a situation.

In normal circumstances .net would not bother me.

The worst part is the lack of support for newer drives with older versions.

You might still consider, .net brings nothing new on a lower technical level imo.

(I do program in .net, it makes things sometimes easier but imo not for technical apps like these)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jallen64

I am wondering, is the CD Burner XP Project dead? I haven't heard or seen anything in quite some time and want to know if it is history. I'd hate to think it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I wonder why there is actually a need for .net in this case.

If i't's simply because of easier GUI programming?

I also dislike .NET, I prefer 100% pure native .exe. I think if CDBXP is written on VB there's no choice (VB is now only for .NET). However if it is on C++ it can be a normal .exe.

I don't like .NET apps because they can eat lot of memory and are slower, but there are good .NET apps. I coudn't pay for a Fireworks licence and I found Paint.NET which has all what I need from Fireworks for free.

Last public version of CDBXP works fine -just needs cd copying and fixing some minor bugs, but I wonder if CDBXP Net is still alive ...

• 2 weeks later...

Will this correct the inability to click DAO when burning an audio CD? Sorry if this has now been rep[eated, I'm very new. Also: my 116 usually doesn't even RECOGNIZE an audio CD in the D drive, it keeps telling me to insert one.

I am wondering, is the CD Burner XP Project dead? I haven't heard or seen anything in quite some time and want to know if it is history. I'd hate to think it is.

I wouldn't expect it until Fall 2007 to Spring 2008, and mid 2009 is still a possibility.

• 2 months later...

.NET? You're making a giant mistake with this. Why not write it in Java then? I will no longer use this program then and will stop recommending it to others as it was a truely great program. Oh well, there's still burnatonce for free CD burning on Windows without the garbage that is .NET.

Why not write it in Java then?

lol, really. If you don't like .NET I don't see any reason why you should like Java. All Java apps I have seen and used so far are slow and/or ugly and .NET is in any case better on Windows than Java. Anyway, we don't have a big choice. Our libs are for .NET so using Java won't help us a lot ;)

I know I have .net frame work 1.1. I don't know if I have 2 on my PC. Any way of checking. I looked at add/remove programs and only found 1.1. I did at one time try to instal 2 but it caused problems. Removed it. For the future CD Burner XP which version of .net will be necessary?(':?')

• 2 weeks later...

.NET? You're making a giant mistake with this.

In the future, everything will be .NET. If you don't like the idea, better to do a backup of your old-school softwares, since in the near future, you won't be able to find anything which is not .net-based :)

And, .NET is a great thing, there's no reason to hate it just for the season...

• 4 weeks later...

sure, and the future is Windows Vista ?! sounds amazing :roll:

I can't even install CDBurnerXP Pro on one of my machine because I don't have (and refuse to install) the last service pack, how good is that ?

sorry to see that the only proper free burning software under Windows is so "Microsoft-policy-compliant" :(

well thanks anyway and keep up the good work ;)