New Major Version: 3.5

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't say "pushed back" ;)

We never had any fixed release date, I just told you what I thought _might_ be a possible release month :)

Then I'll say it, I wouldn't expect it until the last quarter of 2006. :x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marshall

Then I'll say it, I wouldn't expect it until the last quarter of 2006. Mad

who cares the current public version is a preatty good burner app

so use it for free for awhile and shut ur compaint hole

by the way is there a reason why this isn't an open source project? do you guys accept help from other devs?

Guest Almost tried it

Was seriously thinking about installing your application, wondered why it hadn't been updated for awhile, came to the Forum, found a new version in the works, but it will require .Net. I refuse to install .Net on my computer, .Net is crap, it shouldn't be required for anything.

Oh well, so much for CDBurnerXP Pro.

who cares the current public version is a preatty good burner app

so use it for free for awhile and shut ur compaint hole

by the way is there a reason why this isn't an open source project? do you guys accept help from other devs?

Sorry, but I've heard other posters complaing about one thing or another on it.

I downloaded, but I'm afraid to install because I might get another coaster.

Was seriously thinking about installing your application, wondered why it hadn't been updated for awhile, came to the Forum, found a new version in the works, but it will require .Net. I refuse to install .Net on my computer, .Net is crap, it shouldn't be required for anything.

Oh well, so much for CDBurnerXP Pro.

I think you have it backwards.

All other versions will requirer .NET.

3.5 will use another language, as you can see by the start of this thread.

.NET? You're making a giant mistake with this. Why not write it in Java then? I will no longer use this program then and will stop recommending it to others as it was a truely great program. Oh well, there's still burnatonce for free CD burning on Windows without the garbage that is .NET.

I guess he was right after all. :oops:

Guest Unruled (guest)

personally....I hate java...its so hoggy. I avoid it like hell.

This is exactly why I like this burning program! Its so lightweight, and its a great freeware :)

Every commercial app I can get rid of to be replaced by freeware I like.

you guys should stop complaining, these guys are doing great work.

About .net, well Ive had to install it for some other prog (dont remember what). Doesnt bother me, I just had to change something because it created some user account for it :?

Opensource would be nice, could help development on several fronts, but hey, its your program and you own it :)

This is exactly why I like this burning program! Its so lightweight, and its a great freeware

And I can assure you that although we use .NET CDBurnerXP will be very lightweight. Setup is 50% smaller and the interface is very responsive :)

Guest Unruled (guest)

I have faith in that :)

This was one of the original reasons that I installed it beside nero (because I still need it ocassionally)...nero isn't very responsive, and your program is.

Also, just as a note of accomplishment; Burning traxdata cd's rated for upto 52x would repeatedly fail time after time in nero, the only speed at which it would work was 24x or lower.

I tried it on your program with 48x on my NEC3500A and it worked perfectly :D

Great stuff.

Guest Stickmaker

In January it was almost done except for the CD burning; it is now May........ any idea?

Patience. Good things come to those who wait. I am ready for the new version of CDBurnerXP Pro.

Good work all you have done. I wish I could donate but I am a student an cannot donate much. *huggles*

Hi

I want to say first of all, thanxs for this great free burning app. I'm anxious to see 3.5 :D

As far as the .NET discussion goes, I think that using a new development plataform is an intelligent move because they give the developer move tools & facilities to develop software. The possible performance loss is not so important as many have stated, mainly because .NET & Java use JIT compilers and not a interpreted type of compiler. In fact, in some cases the code generated by the JIT compiler will be faster than the one created by Visual studio (for example) because many compilers (including VS) generate code optimized for a pentium class PC, whereas JIT will do it for your machine.

Keep up the good work and again many thanxs. ;)

I noticed someone mentioned Win64. Currenlty there isn't an official .NET package for Win64, there is a 2.0 beta package, but nothing finalized, which could throw off the app a bit.

just a heads up.

There was a long time since I last posted some news, but we have been working hard on the new version. There is one beta out and we have been fixing almost all bugs that was reported from that beta version. But for now we have some problems with running the program on WinME and Win2k, so that's what we are trying to fix right now, then it will be a new beta out. In this beta the audio writing is added, and after we have tested this beta there will be a public release. I know that Flo has promised a new release several times, but don't be angry at him it's not his fault we have promised him a release next week or next month. But we have always found something that didn't work as we want, and we don't want to release something that we know have bugs. So the best I can tell you is that we will release it as soon as the last bug is fixed.

Many thanks to all people that donated and supported our software, and thanks to all you out there using our software. At last if you read this don't send any bug reports for version 3.0.116 and below there will be no fixes for that version, instead there will be a totally rewritten program.

Best regards Stefan and Fredrik

It's been over a month and we haven't seen anything yet.

Does this thing even exist?

I don't mean to sound ungreatful, I'm just anxious to get it.

Hey, I just noticed this: :firefox:

I also feel this way about my browser, but I have to remember to keep updating.

"Keep updating"? There aren't too many updates I think ;)

And even if, Firefox will never be as insecure as IE no matter how old it is.