New Major Version: 3.5

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already know that :-P

Anyway, that won't make Firefox more insecure than IE because IEs biggest "hole" is the easy installation of ActiveX components.

What about a status update?

How far is 3.0?

What still needs to be done and when do you expect it (roughly) to be finished?

How far is 3.0?

What still needs to be done and when do you expect it (roughly) to be finished?

Version 3.0 is finished. You can download it. No Problem. ;)

But I think you talk about version 3.5

This one is still in development and there is no release date. Sorry.

Guest Unruled (guest)

are any public beta's scheduled? or purely donor-only?

Im a poor student with no access to PP/CC stuff <_<

Hm, not really. This time we are not going to release a semi-finished product to the public. It may be that there will be some sort of release candidate or that we publish an older beta version (thinks of beta4 which is quite stable but doesn't have audio features) so that our donors still get something which others don't. Anyway, if you are "poor" you don't have to donate a lot of money. You already get access if you donate $1 (although we prefer donations >= 5$ ;) ).

Regarding .NET 2.0 Stuff:

The currently released version of .NET 2.0, Beta 2, is released under the so called Go-Live license so that you are allowed to develop software with it. And as far as I have experienced it, the .NET 2.0 (as well as VS 2005) is somehow stable and can be well used for developing software.

Perhaps you should just have some plans regarding .NET 2.0.

Guest guest

for those who are really anal, heres a correction for you. There is actually a language called c--, it is a subset of c.

Guest mick-at-work

Better forget about that for now. People are already blaming us for using .NET 1.1 so don't let us already plan for 2.0.

Flo, have you considered eventually switching to Python for this? It looks to me (a *very* amateur programmer!) like the sort of language that would be useful, if only because it is easily transprtable across different platforms - and free! :D It is extendable using libraries & C and C++ and can already be interfaced to lots of windowing systems. Just a thought...

Better forget about that for now. People are already blaming us for using .NET 1.1 so don't let us already plan for 2.0.

Most peaple blame you because they are not willing to learn one of the "new" languages since they have learned their "mother"-language in a very hard way...

Or they don't want to use Microsoft Software...

Summa summarum:

They don't have any idea about what .NET offers.

And: There are open-source implementations: Mono, dotGNU... but - who cares?

Ein deutsches Sprichwort (es kommt aber nicht ganz hin): Was der Bauer net kennt, frisst er net...

are any public beta's scheduled? or purely donor-only?

Im a poor student with no access to PP/CC stuff <_<

Hm, not really. This time we are not going to release a semi-finished product to the public. It may be that there will be some sort of release candidate or that we publish an older beta version (thinks of beta4 which is quite stable but doesn't have audio features) so that our donors still get something which others don't. Anyway, if you are "poor" you don't have to donate a lot of money. You already get access if you donate $1 (although we prefer donations >= 5$ ;) ).

So what made you change your mind?

Now everyone may try our previous alpha version.

Note that this is an incomplete version which still has some bugs. All those who have problems with our current version or those who are interested in the development of CDBXPP can consider downloading this version. If you want a stable version, wait for our final version instead. Note that .NET Framework is required to use this version. Also don't forget to reboot after setup.

If you find bugs, let us know in forum but check our BTS before.

Nothing made me change my mind. The release of an older alpha version was planned before and all donors still have exclusive access to the latest alpha version.

• 3 weeks later...

I know you guys don't want to "plan for .NET 2.0"

however could you fix the next installer so that it will install under .NET 2.0?

I only have .NET framework 2 (beta 2) on my computer

and i had to repackage the setup to install it :D

For those interested it works fine with .NET 2.0

no problems erasing / burning (didn't check ripping)

I think it should be easy enough for

your installer, something like:

if version of .NET >=1.1{

install

}

Oh, the alpha look reaaaaally gooood!

really slick :)

It's great that I won't have to upgrade the Net framework (1.1), but I'm still unsure what Net would have done in the first place.

All I know is some programs need it to run.

I recently found a video merging program which needs the C++ language.

What's up with that?

Guest PTAH

I still can't make a bootable ISO from my WinXP. What gives? I have no problem doing in with Nero Express. I must be missing something. I can build an ISO w/ nlite and burn with CDBXP and it works fine. There must be a setting I'm not getting correct. Can you direct me to discussion of how this is done?