New Major Version: 3.5

whether the up-and-comoing v3.5 will address this issue and allow this ISO to be written.

It should be fixed in version 3.5.101.6, this version might be available soon as public preview.

they just code their insecure gee-whiz garbage and toss it into the OS for the customer to beta-test it for them.

Can you prove that .NET affects the security of CDBurnerXP? If not, then don't complain that CDBXP uses .NET unless you have other reasons not to like it.

If it doesn't perform instantly or have the latest in eye-candy interface or any of half a dozen other not strictly functional things that .NOT enables, then the users won't use it.

Although we try to have a good looking interface, we will still use a rather plain interface. Our intention is not make make it look like Office 2003 or a skinned interface (which is one of the biggest crimes you can commit to my eye ;) ).

P.S. I've never seen dashes appear as bullets on any system before, nor have I seen any system so aggressively strip spaces and line feeds from text. This makes "standard" book/newspaper style paragraphs, with indenting on the first sentence, utterly impossible to achieve. So bullets it is. (shrug)

Well, this is rather an experiment. I don't like BBCode that much and added PHPMarkdown syntax. I am not quite sure if I will keep it or not.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ragnorok:

If the .net framework is such garbage, then why is the open source community writing an implementation of it for Linux/Unix? You know Mono?

Oh, I forgot, you're bitching at Microsoft, simply because you think it's leet to do so. Well, actually this kind of criticism is childish and nothing more.

first of all great cdbxp team has created a alternate runtime for users not willing to use .net frameworks.

--

but seeing that

1. all windows development projects jumping on .net (and helping ms keeping their "monopol" :P)

2. .net will be with win vista and further os version anyway directly implemented

3. MS will get rid of old runtimes and only .net apps will work on their os in future (i think).

4. to install x alternate runtime versions of each development (if they program any) is anoying.

i installed finally that .net thing ;)

--

well i think the OSS Community is implementing the .net frameworks technology to linux/etc. because of compatibiltiy issues. it is for development annoying to program 2 to 3 versions of their product which are all built up different from the beginning.

well i only say hello commercial world

thats for example why java is existing. they are trying to get a os independent runtime. now ms created their own one, and all jumps on it ;) though only way to go with, is to implement.

correct me if the sense is another one :)

--

i still hope ms will loose more monopoly. with OSS Projects and Googles Product Expandation the ongoings are doing well ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, Flo!

I would like to have the new 3.5 upgrade as soon as it is available. I have .net 2.0 and it works very well in Windows XP Home. Please, continue to do your own thing; if some people don't like the way the program is evolving, let them eat Cake.

Warm Regards, Mark445

P.S. Thank You for the Happy Birthday message.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been 15 months since you announced the development of 3.5. The news are encouraging, but development seems to stall ... so I'd just like to know what you think how far you are from a final version.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I have been talking to Stefan (one of the developers) and there are some news about CDBurnerXP:

1. The next beta version (and thus the final version) will be based on .NET 2.0. This allows us to remove some crappy code from the current betas.

2. In future CDBXP will focus on its main features. The ripper, audio editor and tag editor will be removed and made available (if at all, I don't know about his) as seperate applications. CDBXP should get a cleaner interface by doing that.

3. We will get an updated burning library soon, new features include but are not limited to

Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:48 am Post subject: New Version: 2.2.9

Version History:

1. Updated a few controls to more stable versions.

2. Changed the installer, and the way it installs for different users.

This is the last release of version 2, the next release will be the new version 3 of CDBurnerXP Pro.

Just to give you an idea of the time span between final versions.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JimB

The first post of this thread is dated Jan 05

Now 1 1/2 year later there is still no 3,5.

I understand that you can obtain a 3.5 beta version if you contribute.

Because the program is basicaly good; I would rather pay for a full working version.

But what I don't understand is how the developers see the future. Freeware once the program is final ? That would be unfair to those that gave donations to obtain the Beta Version 3.5 .

I really like using Pro, and having made a donation, I would like to have access to the newest versions when they are available.

Keep up the great work

• 2 weeks later...

Is this project still alive and progressing?

I have tried XP Pro on a couple of different operating systems and like it.

I was about to contribute via paypal, but am concerned that nothing seems to have been happening as of the last year or so.

Maybe I am misinterpreting the lack of information for a lack of progress or maybe I am looking for information in the wrong place.

So, I aks; Is it still active?

Where would I find the most current information?

Thanks

David

Flo,

Can you give us a real idea of how active this project is? Perhaps it should be moved to SF and a few new developers added?

-R

HI,

I have been using CDburnerPro 3, a great program! Then I downloaded version 3.5.10 and when I tryed to install it, there was an error message telling that I need .netframwork 1.1... I have .netframework 2.0 and other programs work fine with it.. I wonder why cbbxp setup doesn't find it! Another question: Does this last version support doble layer dvd burners?

Do I need to download this new version to be able make the conversion from MP3 to WAVE? :)

We are currently working on the next version, 3.5. As you should know from the news, this one is a complete rewrite (again) of the application for .NET framework. Apart from the rewrite, there are also many other new features.

Please also take part at our survey :)

A few infos:

- 50% smaller installer (5MB)

- disc-to-disc copy

- dual layer support

- fixes most known issues of version 3.0.116

- multilanguage-support (finally)

- XML-based project files (so that you can easily create your own ones)

Download public alpha version

Sorry, I can't. But if I had to rate it on a chart from 0 to 10 I would probably choose 1 or 2.

is that how far along it is, or just plainly how active it is? I want to donate, but I also don't want to see this fall over to the wayside... there's almost no alternative to nero really just for quality burning... the built in xp burning is a joke.

Guest guest

I am not an expert on this, but I think if you have .NET 2.0 installed, you would still need to have .NET 1.1 installed for programs written for 1.1. Both frameworks can be installed side-by-side, but 2.0 is not just a new version 1.1. AFAIK it is a separate framework.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Eric

Guest `simon

when you burn a dvd it would be good if if would play on a dvd player any chance by that happening?