Sign in to follow this  
ANHEDONIC

Helped Needed w/ Track Listing For Data (mp3) CD's!

I would like to know if there is anyway to prevent the program from automatically alphabetizing mp3's when you burn a Data (mp3) CD. I ripped 3 Chevelle CD's into mp3 files and wanted to burn them onto a CD-RW for easy listening in my car's mp3 receiver...

I've tried copy & pasting by album groups, and also sorting by "date modified" but i cannot get the songs to burn in their respective album groups... normally i wouldn't be picky about something like this but bands have been known to change their sound from one album to the next and i want to preserve the original song groupings...

I am pretty new to CDBXPPro and i'm not 100% sure what version i have.... i downloaded it about 6 months ago and i don't currently have access to the computer it's installed on (sorry)...

i know i could essentially correct this problem by renaming all the mp3 files to "A - Chevelle, B - Chevelle, C- Chevelle., etc..." but i'd like to avoid doing this....

thanks in advance for you input and help =]

(p.s. I already read the program ReadMe and also the sticky in this forum, if i missed the answer, forgive me)

You cant sort files on data discs, you can only view them sorted by different criteria. So in fact, it does not matter how CDBXPP sorts the files on disc, usually your MP3 player has to do that job.

Thanks for the response Flo... I understand what you're saying.... I'm guessing I'll have to rename all the files as i mentioned in my first post to achieve the desired results of keeping the songs sorted accordingly...