Need help with burning DVD

Guest nhdb38

I have downloaded a concert video and it is in a file called VIDEO_TS which files looks like:

VIDEO_TS.BUP

VIDEO_TS.IFO

VIDEO_TS.VOB

VTS_01.0.BUP

VTS_01.0.IFO

VTS_01.1.VOB

VTS_01.2.VOB

VTS_01.3.VOB

VTS_01.4.VOB

VTS_01.5.VOB

I select create a new vidio DVD. I add each of the file to the video project and click burn. It seems to burn okay but I am unable to play the DVD on my home DVD player which is suppose to play all formats of DVDs.

Am I doing this correctly? Do I need to convert the files before I birn them?

Guest FARAWAYEYES

IM NEW, AND IM DONG THE SAME THING BUT WHEN I USE MY INTERVIDEO SOFTWARE IT WORKS FINE. ITS NOT US IT'S THIS BURNER.

Try to burn whole VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS directories, not only the files in this directories. If you need, you can re-author you movie files with DVD Shrink and chose creating movie DVD structure in Shrink output. Than you will have 2 directories (VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) and burn both without any change (as they are) to DVD. It could solve your problem.

The DVD standard says that disks should be written in UDF format. CDBXPP doesn't support this, so, in theory, you can't use it to burn a DVD. However, modern players, particularly the cheap Far-Eastern models, are much more tolerant and will happily play a disk burned by CDBXPP so long as it has the video_ts folder at the top level. For a video DVD the audio_ts folder is always empty and can be ignored (though I usualy include it, just in case).

Ian G.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest patl5ewis@yahoo.com

THE INFO THAT YOU SENT ME ON HOW TO BURN DVDS DIDN'T LOOK THE SAME. THE INFO YOU SENT MY BY EMAIL SHOWS NEW IMAGE AND MINE SAYS NEW COMPILATION. YOURS SHOWS LOCAL DISK D AND MINE SHOWS LOCAL DISK C. YOURS OPENS FILMS AND MINE OPENS DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS. YOURS VIDEO T5 AND AUDIO T5 AND MINES CUSTOMER THEN SHARED AND IT GIVES ME ALL MY AUDIO AND VIDEO FILES. AND WHEN I WENT TO BURN THE DVD IT SAYS NO MEDIA INSERTED IN SELECTED DRIVE INSERT RECORDABLE MEDIA AND TRY AGAIN. DO I NEED TO BUY A DVD DRIVE OR CAN I GO INTO THE FILES ON THE CDBURNERXP PRO 3 FREEWARE AND DO SOMETING TO CHANGE THE INFO THAT SHOWS MY DRIVE D SUPPORTS WRITING FEATURES THAT WRITES CD-R DISC, CD-RW DISC ANS SUPPORTS BURN PROOF: RAW,DAO,TAO WRITING? OR DO I NEED TO BUY RAW OR TAO OR DAO TO BURN THE DVDS? OR CAN I NOT USE THOSE TYPES OF DISC TO BURN A DVD? PLEASE HELP! IT SAYS NOTHING ABOUT WRITING DVD-R OR DVD-RW.

not that i'm any help. but i'm certainly in same position can't burn a thing.

throw the blasted thing out the window and we can all stress less. i've given up, can't be bothered anymore.