Sign in to follow this  
Guest Musicfan

Writing Error: (3)

Guest Musicfan

I have tried to burn pictures using the XPPro and the Windows XP program. I am getting the error message with XPPro:

Writing Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc. The SCSI/ATAPI bus was reset and caused a write failure (1026) Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 6 ASC: 29 ASCQ: 0

Question #1-What is the problem?

Question #2-Are the two disc's I used now unusable?

Thanks...

I have tried to burn pictures using the XPPro and the Windows XP program. I am getting the error message with XPPro:

Writing Error: (3) Error occurred writing data to disc. The SCSI/ATAPI bus was reset and caused a write failure (1026) Error Sense Data: SENSE KEY: 6 ASC: 29 ASCQ: 0

POWER ON, RESET, OR BUS DEVICE RESET OCCURRED

In other words, your computer momentarily lost power to the drive. Your power supply may be too small for all you ask it to run...

Yes, if the disc was more than 1% burned, you're out a disc.

I have a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R motherboard with a Plextor PX-760A CD/DVD burner which produced this error. For what its worth, ImgBurn fails as well, but doesn't produce any error message. In my case, the write failure was due to high DPC latencies caused by the Gigabyte EnergySaver (GSvr.exe) service. Using "DPC Latency Checker V1.1.0", with GSvr.exe running, the system DPC latency was around 500µs. When I disabled GSvr.exe, the DPC latency dropped to around 5µs, and my Plextor burner and CDBurnerXP or ImgBurn work normally.