Sign in to follow this  
boyd24

Error (3) Sense Key : FF

I've been using CD burner for several months now, but have recently been getting a series of write errors with the following message :

Writing Error : (3) Error occurred writing

data to disk I/O operation failed (1054)

Error sense data : SENSE KEY: FF ASC: 0 ASCQ: 79

WHat's the problem?

I'm running on Windows 2000 Pro. My CD writer is an HP CD-writer plus 8200 series.

Thanks

Yes, but I don't think that is the problem.

My Toshiba Portege 3440 CT laptop has only one USB port. I have a concentrator that links the computer to :

- the DB burner

- a printer

- my ADSL connection

- a web cam

Usually, only one device is being used at a time. I have had this configuration for a while and the CD burner worked alright. The occaional error coaster. Lately, I've had a lot of errors, but have changed nothing on my machine. So I'm not sure what the problem is nor what to do.

I'm going to reinstall CD Burner and see if that cleans-up the problem.

B

Guest JohnB

I'd be very interested to hear if you are successful. I have the exact same problem with my Buslink CD Burner. I'm running Windoze XP Home Edition. I've got six USB ports. Usually only five are plugged in and, of these, only two of the devices is being used (the others are turned off). An exception to that is when I'm using my Buslink hard drive as a data source to burn CD's. The combination of the two used to work together (but that might have been on my previous Windoze 98 box that did not have a burner built in). The other device is the scanner, which is always on 'cause I'm too lazy to get up and turn it off (it's about four feet away and this chair is too comfy).

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to hardware. Is there a way to check for USB conflicts?

Thanx

JohnB

Guest no name

Yes it is a USB-connected drive. Usually when I burn, I leave the machine completely alone so there shouldn't be any other activity or contention.

B

If you have a screen saver running turn it off