Sign in to follow this  
Guest magoood

disappointed

Guest magoood

Hi

I have tried this program a long time ago but i did nver liked the interface at that time. Nowadays, i have checked it again and i found that the program's became much more beautiful so downloaded and tried to burn an iso file. But guess what ?! the burn process halted in the middle giving error ... (don't remember the #). The module for burning iso even wanted me 2 wait till it finishes what it's doing!!! but nothing happened really!! it's just an error message and an animation is working indicating that burning is taking place but nothing really happens. So i ended the module by ctrl+alt+delete. Just wanted 2 ask b4 trying making another CD a coaster. Is it me alone or what ???

Maybe you burned an ISO file bigger than 4.2GB? If not, try the upcoming version again, I can't tell you what happened.

Nop, the file was standard in size (700MB). I feel sorry that i was dump and didn't take a screenshot of this situation 4 ya 2 diagnose :oops:

Nop, the file was standard in size (700MB). I feel sorry that i was dump and didn't take a screenshot of this situation 4 ya 2 diagnose :oops:

Well, since it doesn't cost you a penny to burn an ISO, do it again, and give me the error data. While your at it, provide other vital information, such as CPU, OS, RAM, and hard disk space free before your burn to iso begins....

Hi again...

Well, i don't know what 2 say!!! - i am totally confused - why ? - coz the second time i tried 2 burn the iso file was successful!!! :D even though nothing changed all (Same PC, same Writer, Same Media Brand "Princo" ...etc). The only difference is that i selected those 2 options appearing in the shot below but what surprises me is that i don't know why the program accepted the first option (use buffer protection...etc) without grumbling although my writer don't support any of these technologies at all!!!. My writer is a "Mastshita CD-R CW-7582" which i bought it a long time ago but still works so fine. And regarding the second option, i didn't select it the first time i tried 2 burn my iso file (unsuccessful trial) so i am not sure if selecting this option is the reason or not but i won't really be able 2 add anything 2 the CD, anyway :!: .

More info about my PC:

MB: Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

CPU: AMD Barton 2600+ (512 KB L2 Cache)

RAM: 512 MB DDR 333MHz

HDD: Maxtor 60 GB (divided into 4 partitions, the C: partition is 10 GB in size with 6.62 GB free space)

Iso file size i wanted 2 burn is: 699MB