Sign in to follow this  
floele

Error Codes

Here is a big list of all error codes, so if you get an error check it out:

http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product ... secod.html

(thanks to mamengineer for the link :) )

Further info (from Nero FAQ):

1. When I burn a disc with ***, I get buffer underruns every time. What is the cause and how can I resolve it?

There is a number of possible causes. Please try the following solutions:

Run "ScanDisc" and "Defrag" on your hard drive. This minimizes the possibility of "Buffer Underrun" errors.

Close any program running in the background (e.g. anti-virus programs). You can do this manually by using the 'Ctrl-Alt-Del'. For Win95/98/ME: Just close all programs except for Systray and Explorer. For Windows 2000/XP systems use Ctrl-Alt-Del, go to Task Manager and close all programs. But sometimes for Windows 2000 and XP it´s not enough to close all programs in the background. A good program to help in these cases is “EndItAll”; please search for it at for example http://www.google.com/.

Try different media brands. The one that you are using may not be compatible with your recorder.

Update the firmware version on your recorder. Please check the manufacturer's website for the latest release.

Try using a different data source (different hard drives, CD-/DVD-ROMs or network drives) to see if it is corrupted or too slow.

Test your drive speed or use a simulation in order to obtain the optimal speed for your system and recorder. If not the maximum possible write speed of the recorder is kept as default.

2. What causes the 'RPC stub error' message?

The error message ´Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub´ occurs, when a program calls the IEnumGUID interface (such as a call to the Next method). Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem of the Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6 for Windows NT 4.0. This article was previously published under Q318943.

A supported fix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended to correct the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to computers that are experiencing this specific problem.

Contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the fix.

For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... S;CNTACTMS

To download a fix, use the following link:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... repair.EXE

8. Why do I get a 'Track following error' message?

The "Track following error" message is a hardware error. It can be caused by the following:

Poor media - Try more than one brand of CD-R media to rule this out as cause.

Poor power - The electric power supply of your recorder could be fluctuating. If you have an internal recorder, try a different power connector and make sure it's not being shared by any other devices. If you have an external recorder, remove it from the external chassis, if you can, and connect it on your system as an internal recorder. If this resolves your issue, you need to replace or service the power source in your external chassis.

Optical head is dirty or needs alignment - Please contact your recorder manufacturer to service your unit.

9. I get a 'Power calibration error' or 'Calibration area (almost) full' error message.

Power Calibration is controlled by the recorder.

Before any write operation, all recorders must do a 15 step power test to determine the optimum power for writing to the CD; this is called "Optimum Power Calibration"(OPC). During the write, it continues to do this test to get the best write throughout the whole CD; this is called "Running Optimum Power Calibration" (ROPC).

This whole process is controlled by the recorder, though initiated by programs such as Nero. There is an area on the inner part of the CD for the test and test data info to be stored. You can use this area up to 999 times.

If you receive the "Power calibration error" or "Power calibration area is (amost) full" error message, the cause will be either poor media, poor power, or a defective recorder.

Please try the following solutions:

Update the firmware of your recorder. Please check the manufacturer's website for the latest version.

Try another brand of CD-R or CD-RW media.

Try different power connectors, and for recorders, do not share power with other devices. It needs its own power connector. If the error occurs with an external recorder, the power source in the chassis could be the cause. As a test, try to take the recorder out of the external chassis and connect it internal.

Try different configurations, such as taking the CD-ROM to the primary IDE bus as slave and have only the recorder connected to the secondary IDE bus as master.

Send the recorder in for service.

10. I get an error in regards to the 'Adaptec Miniport Driver'. Why?

This error only occurs in Windows 95/98 and ME systems.

If you do not have a SCSI controller and/or SCSI devices on your system, you can simply delete this driver from your system.

If you do have a SCSI controller, you need to obtain the latest drivers from Adaptec for this SCSI controller. Please go to www.adaptec.com and do a search for your SCSI card. Download and install the latest drivers for this card controller.

12. I got the 'Communication failure' message during the write process. Why?

This error message can be caused by the following:

Old IDE controller drivers - This is the most common cause of this error message. You must have the latest drivers for your IDE controller card to prevent it. (It´s the same for SCSI cards). Go to the website of the manufacturer of your controller card and obtain the latest drivers. Such as Intel, VIA, SIS, etc.

DMA settings - You may have DMA disabled for your CD-/DVD-ROM and recorder devices. You should enable this feature. If you have old drivers (even if you have the latest in some cases), DMA may not be properly supported, even though you can enable it. You should try with DMA disabled if you still have problems having enabled it.

Enable or disable DMA:

To enable DMA in Windows 2000/XP, simply go to your 'Control Panel --> Systems --> Hardware --> Device Manager'. Double click on the 'IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers'. Right click on the 'Primary IDE Channel', go to 'Properties --> Advanced Settings' and change ´Transfer Mode´ to 'DMA if available'. Do the same for the secondary IDE channel.

For Windows 9x and ME, go to your 'Control Panel --> System --> Device Manager --> CD-ROM' and under the devices 'Properties --> Settings' enable or disable DMA.

Driver conflicts - You may have (or had) other CD recording software installed on your system. Their drivers can cause conflicts with our software when trying to communicate to the recorder. Please remove any other recording program you may have on your system and be sure all their drivers are removed as well.

Poor IDE cables - In many cases, with the recorders supporting UDMA, you must use 80pin IDE cables. 40pin IDE cables work with the recorder, but when it comes to the actual recording process, there may be problems. You may just have an IDE cable that is in poor condition and need to replace it, too. Or try a different connector on that IDE cable as the connector could be the cause.

CSEL - If your devices are jumpered with CSEL, your controller could be having trouble with this setting. It's best to change it, so that you have your devices jumpered as master or slave. Refer to the manual on your CD-ROM, DVD-ROM and recorder devices for how to do this.

14. What do I do if I get a 'Focus servo failure' message?

The "Focus servo failure" message is a hardware error. It can be caused by the following:

Poor media - Try more than one brand of CD-R media to rule this out as cause.

Poor power - The power to your recorder could be fluctuating. If you have an internal recorder, try a different power connector and make sure it's not being shared by any other devices. If you have an external recorder, if possible, remove it from the external chassis and connect it to your system as an internal recorder. If this resolves your issue, you need to replace or repair the power source in your external chassis.

Optical head is dirty, needs alignment, or recorders circuit board has an open coil - please contact your recorder manufacturer to service your unit.

18. Why do I get a 'No seek complete' error message?

This error can be caused by the following:

Old firmware on the recorder - Go to the recorder MFG's website to obtain the latest firmware for your recorder. (You may be able to obtain it from this link as well: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php)

Poor media - Try more than one brand of media. For example: TDK, Verbatim, Imation, Yamaha, HP, etc.

Poor IDE cable or incorrect cable - For higher end recorders these days if you use the 40pin cable you can have all sorts of unusual symptoms. It would be best to use an ATA-133 80 wire cable.

Driver conflicts - If you have or had another CD recording software installed on your system, its drivers could be conflicting with our software. This is rare for this symptom, but it does occur. Uninstall any other recording software and make sure all its drivers have been removed with it. Then reinstall Nero and make sure to use the latest version we have posted on our website.

Defective recorder - The optical head on your recorder may need cleaning or servicing. Or it's possible the circuit board on your recorder has an open coil or blown diode or resistor. Any of these could cause the error. Only solution would be to send the drive in for service to the recorder manufacturer.

19. Why do I get a 'Disc speed error' (in Nero 5: 'Medium speed error') message while recording a disc?

This error can be caused by one of the following:

Poor media - Please try a different brand of CD-R or CD-RW media to rule this out. And try slower or faster write speeds, depending on the media.

Old firmware - Please upgrade the firmware on your recorder from the recorder manufacture's website.

If you have or had any other CD recording software installed, please uninstall this software and remove any drivers it may have left behind. Roxio's CD creator software and WinOnCD software are the most common programs that do this. But VOB's software as well as RecordMax Now software also will do this on occasion.

[this topic is added to 'Interesting Topics']

Guest Guest.

One BIG error.

Still there is impossible to choose writing speed. It starts writing DVD BEFORE i can choose right speed. It should be done BEFORE i click "burn" button, not before. Dialog box that appear after i click that button doesn't give me enough time to choose writing speed. An if i want to use something slower than max it's bad.

Guest Guest

it's mee again.

There should be in previous post "It should be done BEFORE i click "burn" button, not after".

thx