Sign in to follow this  
Aleister

Multisession CD-R problem

When I create a multisession CD-R I can I only see the first session in Windows explorer. It doesn't matter if I finalize or not.

I am using Windows 98SE, and my recorder is a Lite-On SOHW-812S.

So after the first session is burned, and second is added (and the previous one imported!) you still only see the files of the first session and none of the second one?

Right, I have have done this several times.

1. Burn a session (not finalized).

2. Go to Windows Explorer, check contents of disc, it is good.

3. Later, I go to save some more files, get the dialog box asking if I want to import the previous session, I click "yes", add the new files (drag and drop) burn with verify (do not finalize). Burning and Verification is completed sucessfully, I am told by a dialog, but when I exit your program and re-start Windows Explorer, all I see are the files from the first session, and the properties for the disc show the same total bytes used.

Also, I forgot to state that I am using version 3.0.113.

I needed to back up some business data, so I tried using a DVD+RW. Now I can see the new files I was trying to add before (maybe because this is the first session on the DVD+RW). Will I be able to add files to this and see them?

Thanks for your fast reply,

Al

Yes, I have rebooted and yes I have burned a third session (your program tells me burned & verfied successfully).

And I still can see only the files from the first session.

No blame on you, I understand how difficult it is to write software that works for everyone under the various Windows Operating Systems and all the different hardware and driver configurations.

I was a programmer in a past life.

Al

From what I know about Windows, there is a very good chance that the problem is not in your software, but rather my configuration of windows, various drivers, and hardware.

I saw in a google search that someone had a similar problem and it had something to do with the driver for the integrated IDE on his motherboard.

If I ever figure it out, I will post my solution here.

I'm happy right now because at least I have one good back up on my DVD-RW.

Maybe I'll be able to add files to that disc. If not maybe I can have two backup DVD-RWs and just rotate, re-format and backup.

I'll let you know how it goes next time. Anyway, thanks for the free software!