Sign in to follow this  
Guest tlsweet

error writing to disc

Guest tlsweet

I'm using CD-R discs, and have tried several, even a different brand. I continue getting this error message.

Guest chiticco

Well, I'll write down some of my error messages I get when I try to:

1. Erase the CD:

Writing error(3). Error erasing disc. The drive could not track properly (1004). Error sense data: SENSE KEY: 4 ASC:9 ASCQ: 0

2. Write a CD: I don't remember the message, sorry :)

I have an LG 8080b CD-RW. Well, I know it's an old model, but with Nero I can do all the stuff with it. It's not because of the support media, I get this message with different of media. So it has to be because of the software.

I write this message because I would like to use this program (good job) in the future. Hope it helps.

Writing error(3). Error erasing disc. The drive could not track properly (1004). Error sense data: SENSE KEY: 4 ASC:9 ASCQ: 0

TRACK FOLLOWING ERROR

** This is a very common error message and can be caused by the following…

1. Poor Disc; "try two different brands of disc to rule out"

2. Poor power supply; "try removing from external chassis and connect as internal", if you have an internal recorder, try a different power connector"

3. Damaged/Defective Recorder

So it has to be because of the software.

No sir. Sense key errors are definitely hardware errors...

Try this: update your drives firmware with the software on this page:

http://www.cdrom-drivers.com/drivers/36/36673.htm

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER< OR YOU WILL KILL YOUR DRIVE!!!

Guest Peterpanippleskin

The person who said that this error is due to a bad disc IS CORRECT. I came here because of the same error and followed his lead by removing my disc, putting in a new one, then I CLICKED on BURN DATA and it did it all perfectly without any errors what-so-ever. Excellent accurate information given for this problem. If this does not solve your problem... you have another problem other than a bad or faulty disc. You must search further, then, to resolve your problem if placing a new disc in your burning drive does not solve your problem. However, it did solve my problem with regard to this particular issue. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP.

I tried to burn a DVD video after using DVD shrink and the cdburnerxp program did not work. I did try to use two different discs twice! Two DVD-R discs and two DVD+R discs.

The error message I got with the first DVD-R is:

writing error :(3) error reserving DVD-R track/session blocks. Invalid command field (1022). Error sense data: Sense Key: 5ASC:24ASCQ:o

The other error messages were:

writing error (3) Error writing DVD-R track/session blocks. unknown error-use extended data for more information(1051). Error sense data: sense key 5ASC:30ASCQ:5

and with the DVD+R:

writing error occurred writing data to disc. unknown error-use extended data for more ingformation (1051). Error Sense Data: sense key 5ASC:27ASCQ:0

I have no idea what all this means or how to fix it.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Sandy

I have no idea what all this means or how to fix it.

The Sense Code Errors indicate the following:

For -R discs... Your burner has a Database Error - update firmware

For +R discs... Looks like dirty or cheap discs...