Sign in to follow this  
bassfisher6522

No sound

First let me say this is my first time on this forum plus I just downloaded CDBurnerXP. I put it on the wife's computer, it does not have a program for burning. I had a successful install and made my first music cd. All went well until I tried to play it. I tried every device I had, cd players, dvd vcr combo, my computer and the computer it was made on... nothing, no sound. I can see the song playing because the seconds are being counted off and timeline cursor is moving on the computers but no sound. What is wrong and can it be fixed. Thanks for the help.

So what file format should I use? When will the mp3 file format be acceptable? Is this in the works for future builds. Me and the wife and kids listen to music on different devices and as a standard format we use mp3 files so we can share our music with each other. I like this program because it is simple for the wife to use and understand. Thanks for the help.

i´m so sorry , flo , but the problem is in the new release (4.2.1.864).

I burn a couple of cd´s and the sound is gone; then i go back to the release 4.1.2.789 and , with the same media and the same mp3 , all works fine.

I've tried with both the current and the previous version, and both do not burn the file you uploaded correctly. As always with such issues, I can only forward it to the developers of the burning library, but actually, they are probably still busy answering my previous questions...

i´m working with cdburnerxp since 4.0.024.439 , and this is the first time i have had problems with it.

Maybe is a coincidence , but i don´t think so.

pd- sorry for my english , but i´m spaniard

Guest shinji

Hi everybody!

ernestofez is damn right.^^

Had the same problem. Burned an audio cd from different mp3 files => no sound, but tracklist is ok, time elapsing and so on.

I saved my compilation, kicked off the latest version and installed 4.1.2.789.

Opened my compliation and burned @ 48x. All devices can read and play the disc correctly (even my old discman^^).

So the problem is the latest version.

greetings

S.

Small update: This new issue has been caused by a couple of changes from Microsoft. Their DirectShow SDK whatever stuff (which is charge of processing the MP3 files) has been rendered even more incapable due to a lost lawsuit.

Regarding a new version of the burning libray to fix the problem, NMS says

It is about final... 8/22 is a firm release unless we get a priority issue to stall us again.

Now, if they don't manage to get their release done on time (which I actually expect), I will release a version equipped with a workaround.

Flo,

Thank you for all your help. there are many other burning software packages available, some free and some rather expensive; Ashampoo just offered me burning software for 9.99us if I came back.

But I think CDBurnerXP is great. and offers many features others charge for. Thanks for being straight forward and knowledgeable. Whats a small bug like no sound. I can wait to burn. It will be worth it :firefox:

Ps. Just downloaded Firefox.

Whats a small bug like no sound. I can wait to burn.quote]

My God, concerning a cd-burning program, no sound is called a small bug! I'm shitty angry.

I just ruined two blank cd's and 1 hour of time. I wanted to burn a cd to listen to

tomorrow in my car. It's about midnight now and have to go to sleep, knowing I will

not have the cd tomorrow morning.

Guest qmq

Hi,

I have the same issue. I just hope it's not my drive... Anyway, I decided to write that I have the newest CDBurnerXP on my laptop and desktop computers. Desktop (XP, SP2, a bit outdated) burns AudioCDs from MP3 [CBR/VBR] with no problem. I can choose TAO/DAO and I do hear the sound later on :)

The laptop (XP, SP3, updated like hell) burns the CD OK, but there's no sound. However, apart from that, I can only select TAO on this computer. Why is that?

I know that TAO is supposed to be the mode for audio CD, but I just wonder why can't I select it here and can select it on the desktop computer...

Regards,

QmQ

Guest qmq

Small update: I've just created an audio CD using this trial program: http://www.visual-mp3.com/cd-burner/ and it works OK. I know that's not very good for CDBurnerXP but that means my drive is OK :D

Waiting for that workaround than.

And just out of curiosity, what issue with DS is causing this? I happen to program a little using DS (just to get video from camera though) so it's very interesting to me.

BTW: The IE/Firefox icon is swell! :)

Regards,

QmQ

PS

CDBurnerXP is swell also - best free CD/DVD software there is (or, more accurately THE only software)

Guest neqquah

I had the same problem with the newest version, so I installed 4.1.2.789 and now when I try to burn a CD I get a message saying "None of the track could be added to the audio image. The disc cannot be burned".

what's wrong?

Gee whiz cdbxuse, I was just being facetious. Of course this is a major pain, and I no know blanks are not exactly free, 50

for $10. but have you not made mistakes on other burning projects. All I am saying is give them a chance to work the bugs out. If your in that big of a rush, go down to your local retailer and grab a Roxio's software. This is a good package with lots of features, and if you hang in there I believe it will be worth the wait.

Guest uranga

Flo,

I'm still unable to burn an audio cd that will have sound even though it appears to be playing correctly. I'm using the latest v. 4.2.3.1062. These are audio CDs made from both MP3 256k CBR and WMA in 192K CBR (I never use VBR files). I had been following a couple of other threads on this subject that seem to have trailed off without a resolution.

As best I can tell, you had made comments to the effect that it would be addressed in the next new version which at the time was your September release. But you've had at least a couple of releases since then and it's still not working correctly for me. Like the other users who posted about this, I'm able to create audio CDs with sound if I rollback to v. 4.1.2.789. Am I missing something? Is this still a known issue that you're investigating or am I experiencing a unique problem with my PC only?

Thanks!

Guest uranga
MP3 files should no longer be a problem. I have yet to look into WMA files.

Thank you for the quick response. To make sure that I didn't miss a step, I just now tried burning both 256K and 320K CBR mp3s and they didn't play with sound using v. 4.2.3.1062. I then uninstalled that version and went back to 4.1.2.789, burned both again and they worked like a charm.

I happen to use WMA for a lot of my music too, but I can appreciate the fact that you've not had the time to address that file type yet. I would imagine the bulk of your users prefer mp3.

Thanks

Well, maybe I'll find something while looking into WMA, but this problem should not actually happen. Actually, it could only happen if CDBurnerXP is not preprocessing the MP3 files (which takes a while) and thus does not produce a WAV before. Isn't it doing that for you?

In any case, all those issues will be fixed when they http://www.nugroovz.com/> release a new version, but they already promised it for August and they are still probably not even close to a new release... -_-

Guest uranga
Well, maybe I'll find something while looking into WMA, but this problem should not actually happen. Actually, it could only happen if CDBurnerXP is not preprocessing the MP3 files (which takes a while) and thus does not produce a WAV before. Isn't it doing that for you?

In any case, all those issues will be fixed when they <http://www.nugroovz.com/> release a new version, but they already promised it for August and they are still probably not even close to a new release... -_-

Flo,

I decided to go back and manually remove any traces of CDBurnerXP from my system (e.g. older version folders) that were not removed by any previous uninstall, then I re-installed 4.2.3.1062. Presto! I was able to burn an audio disc with sound from mp3s. I immediately saw the difference in the behavior of the program in that it was reprocessing the mp3 files as you suggested it should.

Unfortunately the same is not true for WMA files, those still have no sound when played and it's clear that CDBurnerXP is not reprocessing those before burning the audio CD. (No time is taken, it goes directly to burning) I would imagine that fixing WMA handling may be a lower priority for you right now, but I look forward to it working again in a future version.

Thank you!