Sign in to follow this  
jmack

Help: ISO Images

I created an ISO image of a CD on my hard drive thinking that I could transfer it's contents on to another CD. But all I get is the single ISO image file burned onto the new CD instead of it's contents. :oops: What am I missing here with these image files -- how do you get the info back out?

Guest Zenel2

Is there a BUG or not ? It seems to work. Or do you intend to add a warning when

burning 1 ISO file ? Or make this (intentional burning 1 ISO file) impossible ?

I created an ISO image of a CD on my hard drive thinking that I could transfer it's contents on to another CD. But all I get is the single ISO image file burned onto the new CD instead of it's contents. :oops: What am I missing here with these image files -- how do you get the info back out?

I've got the same thing happening as is with jmack.

This is my first attempt to write an ISO file from my hard drive to a CD. I'm an ISO rookie.

What I thought would or should happen is that the original file structure would be burned instead of that single ISO file I'm getting.

I'm using version 3.0.116 and followed the directions in the help file which says simply...

"Then go to File (in menu) Write disc from ISO file.

Then choose the ISO file you want to burn by clicking on the "..."-button and then click "Write disc" to start burning process."

Also, I'm new to CDBurnerXP Pro. Although, I did burn an audio CD with my new NEC ND3520a as a test and it did okay.

Regards,

Joe

Are you sure that you followed the instructions of our helpfile? If you did it, the content sof the ISO file and not the file itself are burned to the disc.

Well, Flo, I just don't know. As straight forward as the "Burn ISO" instructions are, I can't see how I could go wrong. But, from your response, it seems I have.

All I can say is after the write was completed, I went to My Computer, right-clicked the writer's drive, selected Explore or Search and all I saw was the single ISO file.

I'll keep searching the internet, studying and will report back when I figure this crazyness out. :) Many thanks!

Regards,

Joe