Sign in to follow this  
lestatar

AudioCD: No id3 tags carry over after successful burn...

Flo, all:

Did a little research here on this, but didn't find any definitive answers as of this writing/latest version...

An audio cd I burned using Nero 7 resulted in some stuttering/choppy tracks. So I installed latest version of cdBurnerXP to try the burn again.

The cdBurnerXP audio CD plays perfectly with no stutter. Great!

PROBLEM:

- No id3 tags transferred over to the final audio CD. All audio cd tracks are labeled "track 01", "track 02", etc...

- There are 0 problems with my source mp3 id3 tags - I take great pains to make sure ALL MY MP3 are fully tagged the way I like them, using both standard id3 v1 & v2 tags. I also embed the album artwork in all my tags.

I understand that cdBurnerXP cannot include CD-Text for the audio CD when using 2 second gap between tracks. This is fine with me.

What I need to know please:

- Does cdBurnerXP fully support id3 tags from mp3 when creating audio CDs?

If it does not, that is fine...I just need to know definitively please!

If it does fully support id3 tags for audio CD burning, please let me know how to correctly set the options for the burn so all id3 tags get carried over.

btw: cdBurnerXP correctly "sees" all the id3 tags in the compilation window...

Thanks!

cheers,

-lestatar

ID3 tags are supported, but those cannot be burned to audio disc. Instead, you can only have CD-Text. CD-Text is usually generated automatically by CDBurnerXP, but if you see that it is missing, please check the CD-Text by going to Disc->CD-Text in the menu.

Flo, I understand.

Thanks so much for clarifying.

cdBurnerXP is not perfect, but it is an amazingly great [sMALL!] piece of burning software, terrific at any price, but generally superb for FREE!

The ability to fully support id3 tags would be extremely welcome I believe by all cdBurnerXP users...Wishlist this please!

I still think you need help from your colleagues here on he forum!

cheers,

-lestatar

Actually, it's not a matter of wanting to support it. It's technically impossible to put ID3 tags on audio discs. I could only improve the ID3->CD-Text "conversion", if the ID3 tag information cannot be read correctly. If that happens, I need a sample file though.

Flo, I see. Again, thanks.

I need to review my own understanding of the process before asking you or anyone to do anything!

I was under the impression that when making audioCD from properly tagged mp3 source files:

- id3 tags from the mp2 would convert/be transferred to the resulting wav files which make up an audio CD;

- audio cd wav files can support the similar type of meta-tagging data as mp3 files.

If I am completely wrong in my understanding, please let me know! It seems as if you are saying that audio CDs [wavs] only support CD-Text and not id3 type tags like mp3.

Thank you again,

-lestatar

Flo, never mind. I juts did some refresher research and found that my assumption was wrong.

Audio CD Artist/Track Name info is indeed stored as CD Text as you indicated, not as some type of metadata like mp3 id3 tags.

My mistake...

But yes, full CD-Text support in cdBurnerXP would be wonderful.

Thanks again,

-lestatar

As I said before, the CD-Text support is more or less complete, so the problem instead might be reading the information from ID3 tags. If you find any such problem, submit a sample file. Since we use BASS.NET for reading ID3 tags though, errors should be rare.

As I said before, the CD-Text support is more or less complete, so the problem instead might be reading the information from ID3 tags. If you find any such problem, submit a sample file. Since we use BASS.NET for reading ID3 tags though, errors should be rare.

Thank you Flo. What is the best way to send you a test file? Will be a smaller mp3 file for you to examine...

cheers,

-lestatar

Guest Kenny

Thanks for the clarification & dialog.. I've been looking for "it's not possible" answer for some time time.. I would elevate that clarification that ID3 metadata can't be burned to .cda file in the "Burn Audio" instructions.. :D

Writing to report that I am reproducing this issue as well. "Disc->CD-Text" is used for setting all the track/CD labels. However WMP lists the burned CD as being an "Unknown Album", and each track is simply called "track 1", "track 2" etc. Plays fine, though.

EDIT: This is using version 4.3.8.2474 of the application