Sign in to follow this  
Guest Melanie

How to open a closed disc

Guest Melanie

Hi. I'm trying to burn my first DVD using CDBurner. I just bought Imation 8x DVD+R 4.7GB discs (compatible with my drive). When I go to burn to them, the program tells me that the disc is closed and that what I want to save exceeds the discs capability. How do I open these discs for burning? Thanks. Melanie

Hi. I'm trying to burn my first DVD using CDBurner. I just bought Imation 8x DVD+R 4.7GB discs (compatible with my drive). When I go to burn to them, the program tells me that the disc is closed and that what I want to save exceeds the discs capability. How do I open these discs for burning? Thanks. Melanie

Can you burn to these discs with any other software? Nero, Roxio, deepburner, etc?

I have Intervideo WINDVD creator 2 but can't burn them there either.

I'd suggest the following:

Go to your drive manufacturer's website... get the latest firmware update and install it... follow the instructions VERY CAREFULLY, or your drive will be junk.

As an aside, can you burn CDs? Does Windows recognize your drive as a burner of any sort?

Guest Pavla

as you wrote these are DVD-R(ecordable) so you can't rewrite them or open a closed session. Use DVD-RW for this.

good luck

Guest Andrew R

I have a pair of LG Lightscribe drives.

I can write with (hac phtoooi) Nero but when I try and use cdburnerxp it always incorrectly reports the status of the disc.

The disc's are new

CDburnerxp recognizes them as empty but it also reports that there is no space to record data...

This problem has plagued me from earlier versions as well and from when I had philips drives...