Sign in to follow this  
sebnath

At CDBurnerXP Pro start : Error 429 and can't uninstall

Hi everybody :)

I have a big problem with CDBurnerXP Pro latest version. For a few days, it prompts an error message when i try to burn an audio CD : Error 429, with "Form _Load" module. I have to abort. I have tried to uninstall or even to install it again, and it looks for the "CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi" file and can't find it... And neither can i :(

So, i can't nor burn, neither uninstall or re-install it !! Can anybody help me ? :cry:

HELP !! :?:

So, i can't nor burn, neither uninstall or re-install it !! Can anybody help me ?

If you have the installer that you downloaded from the site, just extract it's contents to a folder on your hard drive, such as C:\CDXPINST

When you go to uninstall and it prompts you for the .msi file, direct it to this folder. You'll then be able to uninstall. Once you uninstall, REBOOT and you can reinstall...

If you still have problems with the software, there may be other issues we'll need to go deeper into.

:) Because even when i try to re-install, the setup program searches for "CDBurnerXp Pro 3.msi" file...

Thanks anyway ! :wink:

Did you even read my response? I told you how to get the .msi back in order to uninstall and reinstalll.

Not to be rude, but can you read English?

English is not my first language... That's right, but i read all what you wrote, and understood it entirely :wink:

The trouble is - as i said in my first post - that even with the setup package i have, when i extractt it, i get a 'setup.exe' file, that is NOT a 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi' file... And when i launch it, it says it needs the 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi' file...

So, i have downloaded again the setup package, and obtained the same trouble...

If you think my english is not good enough, you can explain in french, german, spanish, portugese, or netherlands...

Thanks anyway

English is not my first language... That's right, but i read all what you wrote, and understood it entirely :wink:

The trouble is - as i said in my first post - that even with the setup package i have, when i extractt it, i get a 'setup.exe' file, that is NOT a 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi' file... And when i launch it, it says it needs the 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi' file...

So, i have downloaded again the setup package, and obtained the same trouble...

If you think my english is not good enough, you can explain in french, german, spanish, portugese, or netherlands...

Thanks anyway

What version of CDBXPP are you trying to unisntall?

My guess would be that the program you use to extract the setup file might not be able to do this. My ZIP program for example can't extract it at all :-\

@mamengineer

You can also upload a repackaged file containing the files of the setup.

My guess would be that the program you use to extract the setup file might not be able to do this. My ZIP program for example can't extract it at all :-\.

Yeah, I forget that not everyone has a setup extractor handy... :cry:

To answer to all of you... My OS is Windows XP

It seems i can unzip the package, because i get the 'setup.exe' file

But when it starts, it's the same trouble that when i try to uninstall the corrupted installation... 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi' is required

To answer to all of you... My OS is Windows XP

It seems i can unzip the package, because i get the 'setup.exe' file

But when it starts, it's the same trouble that when i try to uninstall the corrupted installation... 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi' is required

The .msi is *inside* the setup.exe

Ok, i have understood what you mean, but which software can extract files contained into an.exe ?

The easiest way to do it is to launch setup...

If you are running XP Pro, the setup extracts it's contents automatically to the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\USER-NAME\Local Settings\Temp

where USER-NAME is the login you use. There will be a subfolder in there, and *you* will have to check if there are multiple, to see which one is most recent. If you can't do this, or don't feel comfortable poking around in hidden folders, provide a legitimate email address that will receive a 10+ mb file and I'll gladly email it off to you. If you have no email account that can handle something of this size, then I can use a service called dropload to upload it to you.

Thanks for all your answers...

But, there's something you don't understand... It's not worth going into the TEMP folder -What doesn't frightens me at all- because the setup file doesn't extract anything in it. When i launch it, it simply searches for 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi', that's all...

As i can't provide any location for that file i don't have, i have to cancel the setup process...

I think it's the same trouble that i read (only today) in that post :

viewtopic.php?t=1866

Thanks for all your answers...

But, there's something you don't understand... It's not worth going into the TEMP folder -What doesn't frightens me at all- because the setup file doesn't extract anything in it. When i launch it, it simply searches for 'CDBurnerXP Pro 3.msi', that's all...

As i can't provide any location for that file i don't have, i have to cancel the setup process...

I think it's the same trouble that i read (only today) in that post :

viewtopic.php?t=1866

Do you have an email address I can send the source installer files to? You'd have to unzip (a zip file) and install from the .msi...