At CDBurnerXP Pro start : Error 429 and can't uninstall

Hm, due to your 30-years of PC experience., you should know that you can also use your ZIP program to split a ZIP archive independently of the files it contains. :P

Hm, due to your 30-years of PC experience., you should know that you can also use your ZIP program to split a ZIP archive independently of the files it contains. :P

For real??? :P

Do you know the American saying "Smartass"??

:lol:

• 5 years later...

I have the same problem and have spent a week trying to fix it. With no luck.

I get a 1706 error that says that "no valid source can be found" and it then asks for the .msi. Which is the problem, I don'.t have it.

I have the program that I downloaded which is still, two weeks later, being installed. I can open it again and put the the program in

the location that you gave. But, in case this is of any importance, I do not have anything but XP in C:. That hard drive has three

partitions: C, D & E. D is where all of my programs go, not C. That way I can reinstall Windows and not lose all of the many

installed programs.

When I use "Add/Delete Programs" I get a message "Another installation is in progress". Which is true. It has been in progress for

two weeks. And this causes a problem. If I install another program it will apparentl install. But it won't work properly. So I assume

that the installation was faulty.

If worse comes to worse I can reinstall XP. But that is a Procrustean solution.

Any assistance that you can provide will be much appreciated.

Ciao

Donald M. Smith