Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Burning process freezes

Hi. Just tried out the program and am experincing problems. About a third of the way through the burning process, the program crashes. It does this on both test and a real burning. When I hit ctrl-alt-delete, the burner program is not responding and I have to shut it down. After doing this, I can't eject the cd unless I go back into the program and eject it from there.

Thinking I might have had a bad file that was causing the problem, I tried to do test burns using blocks of 5 files at a time. In every case, there was no problem. I shut the computer down and tried again. Still no luck. It only seems to occur when I try to do the whole slew of files that I want to back up at a time.

Any Ideas?

Not only the burning process, the whole program doesn't work at all. As the first I tried to burn a 1 kB text file and after about 30 minutes I must break it up, I couldn't wait till generating of the error message. Later I couldn't find the URL of this forum and I wanted to get here via online "help" in the program. But I couldn't reach the help, the link was dead, I got a runtime error, I couldn't leave the program correctly. I got the error report form I filled it in and sent up. I should open any window for sending of my identifications data - I didn't do it, because I didn' know, which kind of window ist meant. But in a few seconds I got a message, my identificationsdata will be sent from my computer. After about one minute (equal to ca. 1 MB data), in which time I was completly blocked, I couldn't do nothing on my PC, I pressed Reset, it was the only possibility to stop it.

Why do you need so much of data from my computer? Did you want to scan the whole my PC, all my data? It's criminal!!!

Hands away fram this suspect program!!!

To me its amazing to read the "bug" section of this forum. I have had absoutly no prob with this program from the start. The prob people have is with the settings on their pc.I've been able to rip hundreds of cd's, make mp3's(data), everything I want.

Hmm... criminal and suspect program thats pretty strong words, as far as I know I haven't forced you to use this program, so if you not satisfied just uninstall it. And there isn't so much data, it contains a few text files with dumps from memory so that we can see what values all variables contains when the error occurs, system info, our own control versions, the error message and a screenshot of the application. This is the only way for us to see what went wrong, and gives us a possibility to fix it. And there is a possibility not to send the error report, I don't know if you missed that option? If you don't belive me just check in the file, that have a name like this: 'Error report for CDBurnerXP 2.2.4.zip' and see for yourself.

We try to make this application as error free as possible, but there is difficult with all different versions of windows and I don't know how many different burners there are out there. Right now we are working hard on get the next version ready...

I'm running version 2.2.2, have windows XP,service pack #1, burner is Lite-on-LTR-4832TS.What settings,version,op system and cd burner do you have?

quote:I'm running version 2.2.2, have windows XP,service pack #1, burner is Lite-on-LTR-4832TS.What settings,version,op system and cd burner do you have?

id="quote">

id="quote">

I'm using 2.2.4 with Windows98SE. Not certain what the burner is though.

quote:Is CDBXPP the only burning program that crashes?

id="quote">

id="quote">

So far.

Maybe it's ab bug of Windows 98 SE! Have You downloaded all updates for Win 98 SE?? If you didn't, download these updates or if you want to you can try another Windows!

Maybe it can fix these problems!

What components do you have? (processor etc.)

Maybe there's a problem!

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.