Sign in to follow this  
french_dream

Error writing CDR

Hello

I just downloaded Version 2.2.4 and tried writing to a CD-R Disk (Maxell). After adding a few files I pressed 'Write Disk'. It detected the optimal speed and then just before writing it stopped with this error:

Error: -102. Set write parameters failed! Can't fulfill writing on this disc!

I after tried writing to the same disc using Easy CD Creator 6 and it worked fine. But when I again tried CdBurnerXP it failed with the same error.

System details:

OS = Windows2000

Drive = Panasonic/Mat****a UJDA710

Thanks

Sean

Me too!

I get the error 102 "cannot add the file" as many times as the number of files to be written. Then error 106 "no files added"[xx(]

This happened with a CDR having already 3 sessions. I haven't yet tested with new one.[V]

Win XP

UJDA710

same drive as yours...

Maybe your DB is full?

I remeber a behavior of Nero that is suitable for these error messages. I want to continue a multisession disc, with already some sessions on it. I add the files per drag and drop and burn the disc - no error messages but no new files on the disc. Maybe it is the same with your disc (maybe too many sessions,I think the number depends on the files you have in each session, because the number did always vary in Nero).

So CDBXPP just puts out some not very nice error messages instead of burning it. Could that be a right suggestion? I am not sure...

I tested with new blanc CDR:

write data CD: error 102 ("setting write parameters failed")all the time

I tried all the possible settings, no result...

write audio CD: no problem!!

Win XP

UJDA710

What shall I do?

error: 102........

i also encountered this error. i've tried changing files to write just to test the software, but still it doesn't work....

can anybody help us.....????

i have the same problem. i tried to write a zip file backup to a cd-r and get a 102 error. it starts to write but after about 19% is written the error happens. i'm running winxp with qsi sbw242 dvd/cd-rw drive.

David Langdon

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.