Sign in to follow this  
jbclem

having trouble making bootable CD from iso file

I just downloaded CDBurnerXP, and I'm using it on Windows 2000. I'm following someone's video instructions for making a bootable CD from an .iso file...but I'm told to open up the File menu and scroll down to the line that says "burn disc from ISO file". The problem is that when I open the File menu, that choice doesn't exist. The choices I have are : Open, Close, Save, Save As, Save Compilation as ISO file, Covert ISO image, Print Cover, Options, and Exit.

The version I just downloaded is 4.4.1.3184. The instructions I'm following may be from an earlier version. But am I missing something obvious? I'm new to CD burning and ISO/image files, so I'd appreciate some basic help at making a bootable CD from an .iso file.

John

some more information: I'm not using the Burn ISO Image choice (from the first CDBurnerXP screen) since it doesn't show anything about making the CD bootable. I'm using the Data Disc option, although when I look into the Boot Options and "make disc bootable" window, it seems to be aimed mostly at floppy disks and has no mention of CDs.

I'm confused about this software, and wonder if it's even possible to make a bootable CD from an ISO file? Should I be trying something else?

John