Sign in to follow this  
Guest LikeItAlot

Problems with starting program...

Guest LikeItAlot

Hello everybody !

I just have one question and I need your assistance here... please...

I'm having troubles with starting this wonderful program on one of my 2 machines. On my primary PC (AMD Athlon XP 3200+ and LG 52x CD burner, Windows XP SP2 all updates) everything works flawlessly without any single glitch, but I'm having problems starting this program on another system (AMD Sempron 2200+, ARTEC 48x CD burner, Windows XP SP2 all updates). I have to say that it doesn't matter if I put that CD burner (ARTEC) in my primary PC, it works perfect, no problems at all. So it's something system configuration related or maybe, processor related... I don't know, it could be everything.

Also, second system, that I'm having problems with starting this wonderful program, is brand new, fresh instalation of Windows XP Professional SP2.

What actually happens... is, that when I click to start program, it just shows me borders of CDBurnerXP Pro splash screen, just outline, you can't even see splash screen, and it hangs like that for about few good minutes (sometimes even 10), and then it unlocks itself and starts program... :o

Same thing is happening if I open NERO and start COPY DISKS option. It locks the program and I am not able to use it for next 5-10 minutes. No problems at all with burning separate files in NERO. It works perfect, except COPY DISK to DISK (direct) option.

I tried to open NERO and I just burned one little file on CD with no problems whatsoever... After that, I opened CDBurnerXP Pro and it worked immediately... what's going on ? Goblins ? :D

I had no problems with CDBurnerXP Pro at all, but when I shut down my computer (ADM Sempron 2200+) and when I started it again 30 minutes later, I had exactly the same problem with starting CDBurnerXP Pro again. So I always have to burn something in NERO first, to be able to open CDBurnerXP Pro normally... :?

It looks like there is some initialization involved or something and it fails on first start of the program. Like I start or enable something when I burn something in NERO, and after that everything works normal... even COPY DISK TO DISK in NERO. Works perfect...

Can anyone help me please, this problem drives me nuts ? Any info would be greatly appreciated !

Keep up the good programming people !

Happy user with little annoying proble... :(

Guest David Pronk

I have exactly the same problem. On my pc everything runs smoothly, but when I installed this nice little programm on my girlfriends pc it took about 3 minutes to start up. Even with a cd in the drive as you suggested.We both use windows XP with sp2. Let me know if you need more detailed info on both the pc's.

Guest LikeItAlot

Thanks guys... same problem, no matter if CD is inside the burner or not... I'll check upcoming version. Any clue (approximately) when it will be available for download ?

Thanks again !