Sign in to follow this  
mournfulmaurice

Unreadable DVD in DVD-Player

Hi folks,

in an attempt to get rid of illegal software versions I recently moved away from Nero and after testing several burning suites, in the end I stayed with CDBXP 4.3.7.4723 - so far so good. Everything is fine, I like the program very much....

The only problem I ran in is this one: I often burn AVIs to DVD-R Disks to watch more comfortly on the telly, which was never a problem with Nero. Now using CDBurner XP the created media are fine on my portable DVD-Player from Philips. But on both my Sony DVD-RXR80 DVDRecorder as well as on my nonmame-DVD-player it says bad disc. It is not theAVI-files, because I also tried files I know the players can playback. And I guess in general the disc is fine as well, as the portable player can read it.

My hardware is a Lenovo Thinkpad T60 and the dvd burner is 6 months old, should be fine.

Any idea what I can do to also create good media for the other players? Can't really find a setting that might help me....

Cheers from Germany,

mournfulmaurice

That's weird, your DVD player should be able to read at least one of these file systems. I don't know what Nero could be writing to the disc, other than these file systems.

It could be important though that you use "Disc at once" and "finalize", if you did not try that yet.

Guest croatcatala

It also happens to me, with an LG RHT497C player (recorder, HDD, etc). DVD-video disks recorded with CDburnerXP don't work, when recorded with Nero they worked.