:: SPYWARE ON CDBURNERXP PRO !!!

quote:
Originally posted by Redoo

Perhaps you have installed some other Progs containing Spyware, so it would be your fault!!!

And please maintain anything you can't proof!

id="quote">

id="quote">

I think so too...but the biggest fault was to use the pestPatrol online scan...absolutely not relieable.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i suggest you scan with a more reliable programme like adaware 6 or spybot S&D and you will see the results will be different, online scans can change results easily.. a little off topic but i need some help what firewalls do u all use? im trying to find one.

-Joel

I think he's realized his overzealous mistake and has "left the building", so to speak. I personally never suspected cdb had any spyware. The only time I ever got alerted by my firewall about cdb is when I updated it the one time, which I expected to happen. I also scan my system every other day with spybot s&d and never got got even as much as a tracking cookie because of cdb.

I concur, I've installed too, and no spyware. Ad-Aware says so and I've never seen my TCP/IP activity rise or unusual firewall logs since installation, so it must be. Great application, downlowding 2.2.4 now.

Hasta...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm brand new to this forum. I found this software on a link from Deepburner's forum, and it works just fine! As for spyware, I've ran both the latest editions of Adaware & Spybot and they come up clean! So as far as I am concerned, this program rules! Keep up the good work!!!

Rog

So, I think you got the link from me, right ;-) ?

Well, there is defenitely no spyware, you don't even need to check this, there were already evidences [:D]

I also wouldn't have recommended you this software then.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a crazy guess, but for the on-line update feature?

Quit being such a whiney boy. If you don't like it, don't use it. I have been using it for almost 6 months and none of my spyware scanners find spyware associated with it...

Well, when this topic is currently active again, a small information:

CDBurnerXP Pro is also listed now at nonags.com and they are absolutely against any spyware, nags restcrictions or whatever, so if anyone does not trust memebers in this forum visit that link :)

http://www.nonags.com/nonags/cdr.html

Guest zia_venera

My win-xp had no spyware recognized...why many people don't attach brain before spend a lot of damn words??? BAH!!! :x

I do home PC repairs, upgrades etc. I see spyware on MOST internet-connected PCs, or at the very least, lots of dodgy cookies. I know Ad-aware and Spybot VERY well.

I have them both installed on the same PC I use CDBXP on, and they have never ever ONCE come up with any spy/ad/mal-ware.

So, clapiton, it would seem you are FULL OF IT.

Despite my problems with the 102 error, when this app worked for me, it worked wonderfully. So kudos to Stefan and co for CD Burner XP! And someone buy them a lager or something, they deserve it for releasing this free!

And where is clapiton?

Away, beeing treated for his paranoia?

I'm new here, but I'm pretty much the same way.

This thread did get me a little scared, but I think I'll take Flo's word for it.

I always custom scan my programs with AVG for viruses, and after I install I use Webroot's SpySweeper which goes through the registry to pick up any Trojan's, so I shouldn't see any here.

I'll install now and see what I get.

Oh, I forgot, PestPatrol is officially called a Trojan program.

I did the scan for Trojans, dialers, and keystroke loggers, and it found stuff that wasn't there before.

SpySweeper took care of all them.

Other online scanners (sponsored by Zif Davis Publications and CNet.com) do the same thing, and won't let you delete until you donate with PayPal (partnered with Gator) or register online.

Here's what I found:

Advertising Cookie

Atlas DMT Cookie

Bluestreak Cookie

MediaPlex Cookie

Passport Cookie

Servedby Advertising Cookie

Valueclick Cookie

These are all unrelated cookies I would have gotten anyway, just from sufing the Web with cookies enabled.

The best is always to rely on freeware programs...like Spybot and Ad-aware.

Freeware utils are nice, and free "Must Have's" are better, but they always expire after about 60 days.

I'm glad CDBXP is completely free with no limitations. :D

Yes, and they are harmless usually. Apart from that, CDBXPP wouldn't have any use of Cookie Spyware :D

Guess what I found.

The following files or folders are cross-linked:

• C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVEBKUPVXDLASTLOG.28
    C:\_RESTORE\ARCHIVEBKUPVXDLASTLOG.26

A crosslink occurs when two or more files use the same

cluster (area of disk) at the same time. Except in usual

circumstances, the data in the cross-linked cluster/s is correct

for only on of the files.

• Give each file a separate copy of the shared cluster/s
    Delete all affected files.
    Truncate all files at the point of crosslink.
    Keep selected file and delete others
    Ignore this error and continue

• OK Cancel

What should I do?

I'm in the middle of scanning the hard driver for errors.

hi new rider

i cannot understand where is the problem...

anyway i think in cdburnxp there isn't spyware or similar..

it's a useful program..

byez

marco

Guest SIXIT

Guess what I found.

The following files or folders are cross-linked:

• OK Cancel

What should I do?

I'm in the middle of scanning the hard driver for errors.

Usually G. Give each file a separ copy of the shared cluster/s. However, in this case they simply are XP recovery files. Just delete these. ;c)

Sincerely,

Robert Reese~