v3.0.116 generates corrupt ISO images

I tried to generate a Windows 2000 "Slipstream" CD. Went through the slipstreaming process (which has worked OK before), then built the imageby selecting the folders/files I wanted. Set up boot options :

- Make disc bootable;

- Selected the Microsoft Corporation.img file which I'd extracted from my original Win2K CD using IsoBuster;

- Set emulation type to "No emulation (NT/2000/XP boot images);

- Left load segment at 7C0;

- Set Sectors to 4;

- Checked "Disable ISO file delimiters (;1)"

- Cleared "Enforce ISO Level1 (8 + 3 char max.)";

- Created the ISO image.

I used the saved ISO image to burn a blank CD-RW (and later a CD-R), with the "Finalize Disc" option checked. The burn appeared to be successful. When I tried to boot from the CD, booting was OK, but at the point where Win2K should have started to perform the setup, the PC stopped (BSOD) with a "Stop Error: could not start Process1" (as far as I can remember).

When I tried to open the CD with Windows Explorer, it showed a single folder: "MultMon", and when I tried to open that folder Explorer reported that the directory was corrupt.

When I opened the ISO image file with IsoBuster, it showed a single session with a single track (OK...) containing an ISO image "WIN2KANDSP4", a boot image containing what I expected, and a Joliet file image which contained a single folder, "MULTMON", which in turn contained 6 HTML files: "DVD", "DX6", "IEEE1394", "IMAGEMAN", "MULTMAIN" & "MULTMON". When I clicked on the ISO image, IsoBuster reeported an ISO9660 Error 3, and asked me if I wanted to risk it and proceed.

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but it certainly seems peculiar! Can anyone help please? If you want more backup detail, please ask and I'll provide it...

TIAFYH

Ian

Thanks very much, Flo - after a little ferreting aroundin the forum you indicated, I found nlite, downloaded it and bingo - it worked! :D I am very impressed by the speed and helpfulness of your response - thanks again

Best regards

Ian Park

• 1 year later...

I tried to generate a Windows 2000 "Slipstream" CD. Went through the slipstreaming process (which has worked OK before), then built the imageby selecting the folders/files I wanted. Set up boot options :

- Make disc bootable;

- Selected the Microsoft Corporation.img file which I'd extracted from my original Win2K CD using IsoBuster;

- Set emulation type to "No emulation (NT/2000/XP boot images);

- Left load segment at 7C0;

- Set Sectors to 4;

- Checked "Disable ISO file delimiters (;1)"

- Cleared "Enforce ISO Level1 (8 + 3 char max.)";

- Created the ISO image.

I used the saved ISO image to burn a blank CD-RW (and later a CD-R), with the "Finalize Disc" option checked. The burn appeared to be successful. When I tried to boot from the CD, booting was OK, but at the point where Win2K should have started to perform the setup, the PC stopped (BSOD) with a "Stop Error: could not start Process1" (as far as I can remember).

When I tried to open the CD with Windows Explorer, it showed a single folder: "MultMon", and when I tried to open that folder Explorer reported that the directory was corrupt.

When I opened the ISO image file with IsoBuster, it showed a single session with a single track (OK...) containing an ISO image "WIN2KANDSP4", a boot image containing what I expected, and a Joliet file image which contained a single folder, "MULTMON", which in turn contained 6 HTML files: "DVD", "DX6", "IEEE1394", "IMAGEMAN", "MULTMAIN" & "MULTMON". When I clicked on the ISO image, IsoBuster reeported an ISO9660 Error 3, and asked me if I wanted to risk it and proceed.

I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but it certainly seems peculiar! Can anyone help please? If you want more backup detail, please ask and I'll provide it...

TIAFYH

Ian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.