DrTeeth

Data size error

Using CDBurner 4.5.0.3717, x64 in Win 7.

Please see the attached screenshot and the discrepancy between the actual data size and that reported by the coloured bar. The burn was successful.

Thanks

DrT

post-48123-0-26266300-1361111812_thumb.p

Hi,

Everything other than the used figure. The disc was erased before burning so was empty and the 'used' figure of 3.40GB is what the total of the data was. Total estimated size is way out and so is the remaining size.

Regards

DrT

No, because it was only this particular burn that has issues (I normally burn single files without issue) and it did not occur to me to do so and B) it is not obvious how to do this within CDBurnerXP - does one eject and and load the disc to do this?

Thanks

DrT

Hi,

Just run some tests. Refreshing did work, thanks. I cannot find the 'right' combination of files to reliably reproduce the issue however. I could only reproduce it once, with a similar compilation to the one above.

Regards

DrT

There is an other data size error.

My files have 675,41 MB, but CDBurnerXP says, that there are 713,94 MB.

I can burn my CD with any other burn application, but not with CDBurnerXP.

This bug came with the version 4.0xxx and the new one 4.5.1.xxxx is the same.

Maybe you have someone, who can add bits and bytes.

@ charlz

I can confirm this bug; viz unable to perform a burn in CDBurner XP due to an overstated amount of space needed which did not affect another application.

DrT

Where exactly is the size shown incorrectly? Please provide a screenshot. Also, if possible, a small ZIP file that contains files required to reproduce the issue would be nice. So far I can't see any problem with the size calculation.

The issue last arose with openSuSE 12.3 RC1 so a 'small' zip file is not possible. IIRC, CDBurnerXP said 4.7GB was needed and only reported 4.6 GB available on an empty DVD+RW (ImgBurn did the burn okay).

I cannot seem to find the post where I reported this a few weeks ago.

The issue is not that of just the display, it is where CDBurnerXP says more than the space available is required and so will not perform the burn. I cannot recall if the error was in under reporting the space available or over reporting the file size. RC1 is no longer available anywhere I can see, so I am downloading RC2 just to check this out.

I will start testing soon and report if I can reproduce the issue.

UPDATE:- I can show where the error occurs, but all burning software fails with RC2. I have just managed to find a copy of RC1 and will rerun the test.

SUCCESS! Issue reproduced with RC1. I have uploaded a ZIP file to http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3nb9ys65mkimbs5. It contains the torrent file for the ISO (it was quite a fast download), a screenshot of CDBurnerXP failing and a screenshot of another burning program working okay. With RC2, the error message in CDBurnerXP was exactly the same size-wise.

Regards

DrT

did you try manually refreshing the disc info? Does it work?

There is nothing to manually refresh. Blank disk, ISO to burn, CDBurnerXP won't allow it and others do. Please feel free to download the files and test yourself.

Here are some screenshots. You will see, that CDBurnerXP is calculating the wrong size.

Shot1 shows you the files.

Shot2 is to show you the size of ArCon

Shot3 is what CDBurnerXP is calculating

Shot4 shows you what "folderburner" is calculating

Shot5 shows you thhe size of all files to burn

I can also show it to you with "TeamViewer", if you want.

The required size may very well be above the raw file size. For judging whether or not the size is calculated correctly, I'd need the actual files though.

The required size may very well be above the raw file size. For judging whether or not the size is calculated correctly, I'd need the actual files though.

How about my files that I linked to above?

DrT

How about my files that I linked to above?

DrT

Update, the release DVD is affected with this bug. Could not burn with CDBurnerXP (not enough space) and it is burning quite happily now using ImgBurn to the same DVD+RW.