Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mart

My DVD reader doesn't recognize....

Guest Mart

I've just burned a video (DVx) on a DVD with the CD Burner Xpro, I can read it on my computer (Window Media Player) but not on my DVD reader (Schneider).It doesn't recognize it. I have a mesage on my TV : unknow disc

Thank you for your help

:(:?::(:?::):):)

Guest Mart

Someone just told me that my DVD reader can't read DVx. Do you know of a way to save DVx into DVD ?

:(:( :( :?::?::?::):):)

Guest The Mitch

If by DVx you mean 'DivX', and the file you burned on a DVD ends with .avi, ogm, .asf or .wmv, then burning it on a DVD doesn't mean you're making it into a DVD-playable disc! If your DVD readerdoesn't support DivX/MPEG4/XviD/etc. then it means it only supports VCD (MPEG1: .dat) or DVD (MPEG2: .vob files) formats.

If, then, you want to playback your DivX file on your DVD player on your TV, it means you have to reconvert it into MPEG-2, remux it as .vob files, re-author the DVD content and ONLY THEN burn it to DVD - and hope your DVD player is able to read user-made DVDs (some only accept pressed, meaning that you've bought them, DVDs)

Before you try asking the person making the burner, get some info on what is actually numeric video.

If you're not afraid of talking techie, go to http://www.doom9.org

Guest Mart

If you don't start asking question, you never learn, don't you ? Thank you for your answer, I'll try to do better and ask a clever question next time...

Cheers ! :roll::roll::roll:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.