Run CDBurnerXP from a CD [Done]

I've tried to run CDBurnerXP from a RAMDrive created with BartPE, by copying there all its files plus comdlg32.ocx, mscomct2.ocx, mscomctl.ocx and msvcr70.dll. It runs with no problem. However, when I attempt to burn, the systems freezes. I don't know if I'm missing some files or if its just impossible to do. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You can maybe install on a UDF-formatted CD (a floppy is too small), but you can't use it on another PC then, because the registry entries are not sabed on CD, as the name says, they are saved in the windows registry on your local hard drive. I think that CDBXPP can't do without them.

• 2 weeks later...

Export the register settings to a .reg file with regedit, build your own .inf file for bartpe and go for it. But cdbxp uses a lot of memory, more memory most people has, remember you are working on a ramdrive, all temp files are also saved in the memory in this case. Burning from a bootable cd is not a ideal situation but also not impossible.

/\_/

( o.o )

> - <

quote:
Originally posted by mösti

But cdbxp uses a lot of memory, more memory most people has, remember you are working on a ramdrive, all temp files are also saved in the memory in this case.

id="quote">

id="quote">

The main application takes only about 30MB, only audio-burning should take a lot of temp sapce. However, I think these tempfiles won't be saved on ramdrive but in Windows directory.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.