Sign in to follow this  
Guest Gast

My "Most Annoying Things" suggestion list

Guest Gast

1.) Keep the layout!

I want my CDburnerXP work without a background picture but with the normal Windows Application Background Color. I want its window resized but the internal window (layout window) maximized. (I have no idea why there is an extra window at all!!!) When I close the program, it always asks me to save the layout, but when I start the program, it forgot the layout already.

2.) Make chosing the disk type easier!

I don't know why the NEW icon is always deactivated. At least in the File Menu should be a "New" entry. If I created a data CD or DVD and I want to create a music CD, I have to uncheck "Start with the last compilation type", close the program, and restart it to get the Disk Type Selection window.

3.) Don't confuse the user!

When I erase a disk, I get an Erase popup window. This is OK. But when I burn a disk, I get a popup window, and the rest of the program (layout window) disappears. It's always a surprise.

4.) Avoid useless mouse clicks!

After burning a disk, I have to confirm "Writing is successfully completed", and after this I have to click on "Done" to close the popup window. The first click should do both.

5.) Give usefull time estimations!

I guess nobody is interested of the elapsed time. The user is interested of the time he has still to wait.

5.) Leave the security to the user!

While I am burnig a disk, it seems that CDburnerXP deactivates all other programs. Please let me decide if I think my computer is fast enough to do something else in the same time.

Anyway thanks for this great program. I is free, and it works. :)

5.) Leave the security to the user!

While I am burnig a disk, it seems that CDburnerXP deactivates all other programs. Please let me decide if I think my computer is fast enough to do something else in the same time.

Are you joking? CDBXPP does not terminate any program.

Are you joking? CDBXPP does not terminate any program.

I did not say "terminate", I said "deactivate". At least Firefox stops receiving internet pages while CDBXPP is burning. (I use win 2000.)

Guest m0gely

Oh wow. AMEN to #1 and #4! I was just asking myself the same question. Some how the internal window stays maximized on my main compute. I have never been able to get this to happen on any other computer though. And why there is even and internal window I can't understand. Unless you're going to allow simultaneious burning accross multiple burners then there is just no need for this that I can see.