Sign in to follow this  
AdrianWhite

Trouble with using certain characters (

I have been trying for some time without success to find a CDBurner capable of burning several directoiries of mine containing ansii characters.

most of the characters work fine. ¢ ß ä ü etc. yet two seem to cause a lot of problems when they are in a folder title. one is ƒ (alt-159), which gets automatically renamed in the folder title, with all the files remaining intact in the folder. However, the other, ╤ (alt-209) not only does the folder bearing this character get renamed, but the file structure does not go through to burning!

any feedback at all would be very appreciated. . .

WhooHOOO!! You mean there's a chance it will one day be fixed?!!!! You are getting my hopes up very high, i had pretty much given up all hope of every getting my Backup CD burnt!! and i've been trying for a LONGGG time. . .

oh.. you have no control. . .

then im guessing if it is beyond the programmer's control, it must have something to do with the different kinds of filing systems.. ISO1 & 2, Joliet, Romeo, etc. which behave somewhat unpredictably... am i close?

either way though, my fingers remained crossed! (& i think CDBurnerXP Pro Rules!!)

hmmm.. i've just been scouting around the website. so its the two guys from sweden that are the programmers.

the program is so 'fluent' and 'neat', i really think they'r doing a good job! keep up the good work!!