Sign in to follow this  
ntompson

Session at Once doesn't work with DVD-R

Hello,

This has happened to me a couple of times now: I make a compliation of files to burn to a DVD-R. I choose "Session at Once (add more files later)" in the Burn Options dialogue. I hit burn disc, and it works fine. Only when I try to add more files to the same DVD-R, I discover that the disc is closed, and unsurprisingly, won't allow me to add any more files.

This is annoying, as I have some very underutilised DVD-Rs lying around. I'm sure I'm choosing the right options.

I'm using CDBurnerXP v4.0.022.370 on a WinXP SP2 machine, in a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop, using a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ-841S drive.

Thanks for any help.

Nick

I have experienced the same problem using Imation CD-R on windows XP SP2 with version 4.0.024.429 of CDBXP in a SONY Model: CDRWDVD CRX880A slim 24 burner. It seems that when I use the option to have CDBXP ask me how to burn and I choose the "Leave Open" option, the disc still closes and will finalize even if I choose the advanced settings and uncheck the finalize box. If you were able to solve this problem let me know. THX.

P.S. I was reading some other posts and came across this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5823#p21715

Hope it helps.