Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cranog

Cannot play my DVDs on a home DVD player

Guest Cranog

Hi folks. My first post here. CDBurnerXP Pro is a great tool at a great price. The problem for me is that I cannot play my DVDs on my home player. They will work fine on my laptop. I saw a reply (I think from Flo) to an earlier posting about the same subject and he said that it was because CDBurner does not use UDF formatting. Seems to me that one of the most important reasons of burning DVDs (apart from the large data storage capacity) is their potential to be played on DVD players. So, why no UDF formatting?

Also, I am using DVDStyler to create the Audio_TS and Vide_TS material and the authors of this program recommend CDBurnerXP-Pro as a good application to use.

So, anyone out there know of a good freeware DVD burner which will burn images which can be played on a home DVD player?

Guest GMMWICKED

What kind of burner are you using? What kind of DVD media are you using. What kind of DVD player are you using? Are they all compatible with one another? Make sure all of these variables will work together.

Guest wolf

Cranog

I think "BurnOn CD&DVD" can burn UDF discs and it's freeware (just delete annoying HTML advertisement). It has annoying interface so i don't like it but maybe it will help.

Guest wolf

You should also check the booktype setting of burned disc. Some writers allow users to change the booktype before burning, some change it automatically (for example my toshiba), and other don't allow any booktype modification. For best compatibility with standalone DVD players, it should be set to "DVD-ROM" (instead of "DVD-R" or "DVR+R"). It's even more important when burning DL discs (does anybody burn DL? they're pretty expensive, at least here in Poland :( )

btw thank you for info about DVDStyler. I was looking for something like this but IFOEdit was the only freeware thing I managed to find (dunno why).

Greetings for whole cdburnerxp team!!! I'm looking forward to see version 3.5 :D

Current version has some problems with my SD-R5372 (not to mention polish letters :D). It writes CDDA using only track-at-once :( (sooo slooow and gaps). But still i love it. Wonderful interface.

Sorry for this off-topic.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.