Sign in to follow this  
pstein

Files with long filenames are not burnable - Nero can !

I tried out to burn a couple of data files with CDburnerXP.

The files have filenames (only) with up to 21 chars (including extension).

When I drag these files onto the burn pane of CDburnerXP I got some error messages.

See attached snapshot below

I cannot believe that these filenames are too long.

At least Nerro can burn them.

So I think this is a bug.

Can you fix this?

The details error text is:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'NMSDVDXLib.DataImageXClass' to interface type 'NMSDVDXLib.IDataImageX'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{639520A1-3657-493E-8326-C88A8E90B4A9}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Peter

Guest ziniboom

I have same problem than you. And its little bit irritating when nobody helps me. Have you already got an answer to your problem?

I have same problem than you. And its little bit irritating when nobody helps me. Have you already got an answer to your problem?

Hi ziniboom,

you are right. I re-installed CD-BurnerXP and it didn't help.

Even worse: I downloaded the latest available "portable" version v4.1.2.789 of CDburnerXP and the same error occurs.

A "portable" version however should work without installation. And because I didn't change/deleted

any files this is the proof that something is wrong inside CDburnerXP.

So I think the guys from CDburnerXP development team didn't pay attention to a certain situation

(specific Update/FixPack/DLL/Firewall/Hardware/....)

Unfortuantely CDburnerXP does not offer something like a detailed log/dump which would help

to identify the problem.

Sad but true.....

Peter