Sign in to follow this  
Guest Miakkia

Error Code : 0x123A010C? (Medium not present, Tray Closed...

Guest Miakkia

Hi, I have a GCE-8481B with Firmware 1.05, and i've tried to burn a cd with EMC 7.5(media creator from roxio) and during the burn process the burner just stop and ejected the cd for an unkown error, since then i get this error code: 0x123A010C saying: Medium not present, tray closed, unit not ready.

But the thing is that i can eject, close the tray, i can insert audio, audio-rip cd's or blank ones and even windows doesnt see the cd's inserted!

I've even did a format and the drive isn't working or reading disc.. is there a way i can fix this or is my drive "good for trash?"

Roxio Support won't even reply to my tech emails and i am kinda pissed not being able to fix this problems.....

I would like to know if anyone here can help me,

Thanks

Guest miakkia

CDBXPP? which is? not so familiar with all this stuff.. all i know is that it never did this before and before my brother upgrades my roxio CD&DVD 6 to Media creator 7.5 i've never gotten any error... But with this 7.5 on my first audio cd burn try, i get an unknown error, and bang Windows keep saying please insert a cd in drive, and no program recognize the drive, Real, WMP, winamp, roxio, cdrwin, alcohol, name it.. none of them see it with a loaded blank disc or with an original cd. I mean... Give me a way to go see that CDBXPP and ill go check....

thanks for helping

just figure out.. sorry i'm kinda tired.. and no CDburner XP does the same.. .Says That the drive isnt ready, alcohol 120% says that the drive is not present, CDrwin says please insert recordable media, and so on for all the other program that exist...

so i'm mostly thinking that the drive itself is the problem, maybe it f*up during the project with the roxio software and now it's being read by windows and all the other software like "BUSY"or something.. i dunno what to do now.... Some said to me to unplug it from my ide and from power supply and just restart pc without it, and re-plug it and reinstall into pc but if a "complete format"didn't do it.. i don't think a "un-plug-plug "would do much...

You could try different media types or a firmware update, as well as installing ASPI drivers. If all that does not help, it is quite likely that your drive is out of order.