Sign in to follow this  
Guest Helmut68

How to conver wav- to mp3-files?

Guest Helmut68

Hi,

I am new to CDBurnerXP Pro and want to burn wav-files to Data-CD. The Helpfile tells me the following about "Conversion": To to that first choose "Audio-CD" at startup of CDBurnerXP Pro. Use "File> Convert> mp3 to wave / wave" to mp3 to convert a file. But when I click on "File" there is no "Convert" in the drop-down menu. So, what do I do or what do I wrong?

This chapter is outdated. If you want to burn WAV files as audio CDs, you don't have to convert them manually. This will be done automatically.

Guest Helmut68

Hi,

I do not want to burn wav-files as audio CDs. If I do this, I certainly do not have to convert anything. What I want is to burn wav-files to Data-CDs, which obviously means that I have to convert the wav-files first to mp3-files or the software has to do this automatically for me. I really tried to get to know this program (CDBurnerXP Pro), but I have no luck. There is no conversion automatically done. If I create a new compilation and click "Create a new Data-CD/RW" and drag my wav-file into the New Compilation and write (burn) this compilation, then I end up with an Audio-CD. Must be, because it plays in my CD-Player. So, how can I create a Data-CD with mp3-files (wav-files as the source) with CDBurnerXP Pro?

Guest Helmut68

Hi,

I do not want to burn wav-files as audio CDs. If I do this, I certainly do not have to convert anything. What I want is to burn wav-files to Data-CDs, which obviously means that I have to convert the wav-files first to mp3-files or the software has to do this automatically for me. I really tried to get to know this program (CDBurnerXP Pro), but I have no luck. There is no conversion automatically done. If I create a new compilation and click "Create a new Data-CD/RW" and drag my wav-file into the New Compilation and write (burn) this compilation, then I end up with an Audio-CD. Must be, because it plays in my CD-Player. So, how can I create a Data-CD with mp3-files (wav-files as the source) with CDBurnerXP Pro?