Sign in to follow this  
stha

News about the next version

There was a long time since I last posted some news, but we have been working hard on the new version. There is one beta out and we have been fixing almost all bugs that was reported from that beta version. But for now we have some problems with running the program on WinME and Win2k, so that's what we are trying to fix right now, then it will be a new beta out. In this beta the audio writing is added, and after we have tested this beta there will be a public release. I know that Flo has promised a new release several times, but don't be angry at him it's not his fault we have promised him a release next week or next month. But we have always found something that didn't work as we want, and we don't want to release something that we know have bugs. So the best I can tell you is that we will release it as soon as the last bug is fixed.

Many thanks to all people that donated and supported our software, and thanks to all you out there using our software. At last if you read this don't send any bug reports for version 3.0.116 and below there will be no fixes for that version, instead there will be a totally rewritten program.

Best regards Stefan and Fredrik

This is an amazing project. Thank you very much for your hard work. I´ll keep on using the last version. Take your time to make the best software ever.

Kudos to your motivation in keeping this project freeware and the tremendous effort you all are putting in to make it bug-free. Will definitely wait for your next version even if it takes time. Keep up the good work. Regards.

Guest symwin07

Hi,

I have downloaded the software and cannot burn normal discs. I have millenium version and I wonder whether this is the reason. I would be glad if so has a solution. Thanks and a nice day

I don't think .net framework works on winme...

Actually, it does.

Microsoft has even improved the .NET system for game and software developers using DirectX 9.0c (such as EA).

Although the home version archived is DirectX 8.1b, I think it works just as well when patched.

By 2007, Microsoft said they'll come out with DirectX 9.0d, or maybe even skip it and go right to 9.1.

Guest symwin07

Hi ,

the problem is as follows. I don`t think that the millenium is the problem but the discdrive. Although it is installed I only can hear audio-discs but I cannot hear or burn a certain disc format. The cdburn-program says: No media inside, although I have such a disc inside. I would like to burn a cd but like this I cannot, because I only have those discs. I wonder whether it is the software or the disc-drive, or even the discs. Can so help? :wink2:

Yes, but only data-CDs.

Great to hear that, hope that the new version of CDBurnerXP v3.5 will be released really soon as it has been dragged on for way too long from the very first time you guys promised a should be released dates.

P.S.

This is not a complain and keep up the good work.

Guest Eddy

Great to hear that, hope that the new version of CDBurnerXP v3.5 will be released really soon as it has been dragged on for way too long from the very first time you guys promised a should be released dates.

P.S.

This is not a complain and keep up the good work.

Sure does sound like one... don't forget that you aren't paying anything for this software, okay? :P

Sure does sound like one... don't forget that you aren't paying anything for this software, okay? :P

First I'd like to say the above post was not mine.

I was wondering about the money situation as well.

Many companies going the optional donation way often find bankrupcy around the corner.

Is it because the makers of this site aren't really a company that this isn't so?

Flo, you could have just as easily gone with a GNU Licence (open source) at sourceforge.com.

No, we are not a realy company. And we couldn't have used an Opensource license easily, but as I said before there will be a detailed answer to this question soon.

No, we are not a realy company. And we couldn't have used an Opensource license easily, but as I said before there will be a detailed answer to this question soon.

I hope you don't mean to be going commercia or sol... :cry: